• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Varney and Iwelumo...

Have both just signed for Charlton. Charlton have paid an initial £2m for Varney, 24, while 28 year old Iwelumo arrives on a free transfer.

Can't find a link for the above but is on ITV Telextext page 403.

Is this possibly the end of speculation linking Fred to any possible move to Charlton? And it begs the question; "If Varney is worth £2m, then surey Fred has to be valued at around the £2.5m mark??

Thoughts...

Have both just signed for Charlton. Charlton have paid an initial £2m for Varney, 24, while 28 year old Iwelumo arrives on a free transfer.

Is this possibly the end of speculation linking Fred to any possible move to Charlton? And it begs the question; "If Varney is worth £2m, then surey Fred has to be valued at around the £2.5m mark??

Thoughts...

Thanks for confirming the deals are done.
My thoughts on this are on the other 2 Eastwood to Charlton threads!

Good luck to Charlton.

Can't find anything on the net about it - yet.

Let another Freddy debate begin...

Thanks for confirming the deals are done.
My thoughts on this are on the other 2 Eastwood to Charlton threads!

No problem mate...but surely now thats the end of specualtion that Fred is going to Charlton? He may now be linked to other teams, but surely Charlton will not be signing other strikers, they have; Varney, Iwelumo, Lisbie, M Bent and D Bent (maybe not for much longer).

at the moment RM will probably say to Fred.. do you think you are worth £1.1m? i'm sure he will say no and RM will agree and explain that they are holding out for an offer that is closer a realistic valuation

Everybody wave goodbye to Jamie Cureton FC's Championship status... Their Golden Boy will be the next to leave.

Everybody wave goodbye to Jamie Cureton FC's Championship status... Their Golden Boy will be the next to leave.

Haha! I said to myself when they lost to Palace at home on the last day that that is the start of there demise from the Championship...i for one do not think they will finish as high as they did this season.

As I said on 6 April, form is temporary, class is permanent!

yep, when QPR released Cureton at the end of his contract (when we went up from 2 to 1) I asked a mate who is a big rangers fan if it would be worth us looking at getting him. at the time he said that he was ****, small, poor touch, can't shoot and is slow (his words!)... i'm gutted that he pretty much destroyed us this season but i still don't think he is all that and could well just disappear off the radar next season.

Iwillyboywelmo and Eastwood would be a beast of a partnership IMO. Anyone know if Varney is the same type of player to Fred?

Not really irelavant (however you spell it) to this post. But talking of strikers, i was just on the Col Ewe official MB (cos i was gonna see if they knew Iwelumo had gone), and they mentioned a replacement in Jermaine Easter. Worth a punt i think, apparently he wants out?? And as Brush mentioned that we need someone with pace surely he fits the bill?? How much would you say he is worth, a Col Ewe fan said around 250k??

Not really irelavant (however you spell it) to this post. But talking of strikers, i was just on the Col Ewe official MB (cos i was gonna see if they knew Iwelumo had gone), and they mentioned a replacement in Jermaine Easter. Worth a punt i think, apparently he wants out?? And as Brush mentioned that we need someone with pace surely he fits the bill?? How much would you say he is worth, a Col Ewe fan said around 250k??

Is he another one though who's got that type of "attitude" problem that stopped us going for Leon Knight?

Easter probably a bit les than that, no more than 150k, Foran is a better player.

Thoughts...

Now confirmed on bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/6676699.stm

Wycombe play in L2, he has not scored as many think, only got 2 a couple of years back, this season has scored about 20 goals for wycombe over the last 2 seasons is a worse league.

Just looked at stats, this season definately a flash in the pan, never scored double figues for a club in any spell there. Proves my point i feel.

Back