• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vassell Osadebe Akinola Hart. Wasted Salaries?

Tbf I do think there’s a chance some of these will be registered eventually but it’ll be at the expense of us losing even more players in January

Even if they do eventually get registered, having been signed under false pretences (effectively) how much will they be willing to put on the line for the club having been treated like that. A few weeks back, i'm sure someone on here pointed to Akinola's social media post questioning his decision. That will have quadrupled by now. Hart, i'm sure would love to be playing, but realistically he would have been far more aware of the score when he signed and as an unattached player is probably happy to have a contract.

Hart and Akinola have been training and are hopefully close to match fitness.

Hopefully they will slot straight in the team as soon as the embargo is lifted.

Any free agent could be weeks or months away from fitness so I don't see whatever we are paying these guys as a waste.

Last edited:
Hart and Akinola have been training and are hopefully close to match fitness.

As far as I can tell Akinola hasn't played a match since July and Hart since February.

Why aren't they playing for the u23s or in specially arranged friendlies?

As far as I can tell Akinola hasn't played a match since July and Hart since February.

Why aren't they playing for the u23s or in specially arranged friendlies?

Can they play in those if they are not registered?

The likes of Mitchell-Nelson, Klass and Kinali are playing when they've been deregistered so I presume they could.

I don’t think it would be an issue that they aren’t registered (aside from those de-registered/unregistered players that have appeared for the U23s, trialists are permitted as well).

I would guess it would be related to a) a paucity of U23s matches, and particularly high-enough quality U23s matches to make them meaningful in providing a route to match-fitness and b) potentially Covid protocols, switching between first-team and U23s bubbles and then the associated cost of testing.

Back