• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Veggie sausages!

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Maybe a bizarre post but few years back I had some veggie sausages in Swanage. They were like spring rolls, full of bean sprouts. I have looked for similar in various supermarkets but can't find anything like them. Anyone know where to find them?

(I said it was a bizarre post!)

Veggie sausages are an abomination, end of!
:sick:

Though what you describe sound like Spring/Pancake rolls! Have you tried an Asian supermarket?

Nonsense. My first job was in a butcher's and I've not eaten a 'real' sausage since. There are good and bad veggie sausages but they're all superior to post-mortems wrapped in skin.

Yes Swanage, Dorset at the now gone Hyperion café. They were indeed veggie sausages but as I say, the contents were like a spring roll. Delicious! No, I haven't tried an Asian grocer for them yet, plenty to look at on the London road - the source of Scotch Bonnet chillis!

Though what you describe sound like Spring/Pancake rolls! Have you tried an Asian supermarket?

Kay! How blinkered and out of date! The decent veggie sausages now (Quorn, for example) can pass muster with the best of the meaty ones, and guaranteed no eyeballs :-)

Kay! How blinkered and out of date! The decent veggie sausages now (Quorn, for example) can pass muster with the best of the meaty ones, and guaranteed no eyeballs :-)

Quorn is also an abomination!!! Have tried them and they taste of cardboard! Not for me at all :sick:

Quorn is also an abomination!!! Have tried them and they taste of cardboard! Not for me at all :sick:

Lol! Not the quorn I've cooked. I give the quorn sausages to my son's carnivore friends and they don't realise they aren't real.

Linda Mac did two good things in her time on this planet.

1) Her bloody awesome veggie sausages which have a better texture than meaty sausages and taste lovely in a nice baguette.

2) This:

[video=youtube;UoH9zP_n_g0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoH9zP_n_g0[/video]

The foxs got into next doors rubbish bag and have not touched the vegi sausages .

Back