• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
This is NOT a wind up.

Story is too long to go into now but will potentially go down as an SZ classic. As you may know I'm off to HK for good in 11 days time. As the Swindon game is off until 31st tomorrow is my last opportunity to see the boys before I depart and my first away game of the season. Bear with me on this but a combination of certain circumstances MAY mean that I get to Shrews (definitely will be) but can't get home. If this happens I need a car share home or a space on one of the coaches, contribution won't be a problem.

With me so far? I need to go to bed as I'm up at 4am. I won't know until 10am whether I need a lift back. If possible when I wake up I'd appreciate an offer by PM with phone number. I can then phone around 10am, possibly before to confirm one way or another whether the kind offer is needed.

Kind of bizarre I know. All will make sense once I post the full story.
Thanks.

Just to be clear I only may need a lift back. Can definitely get there.

I'm driving but from Braintree - could get you back here / Chelmsford if that's of any help to you? but not back to Southend. I'll PM you my number just in case it's of any use to you.

James

a PLEASE may have been appreciated by any potential helpers but i guess such common courtesies as please and thank yous are a thing of the past

ORM did say Thanks Blueblood and is a genuinely nice fellow. Get down from that high horse. :winking: The old boy is obviously in a rush. I look forward to hearing the whole story!!

Ha ha just woken up prematurely due to pain in shoulder on trapped nerve and having to hit the codeine. As General says I was in a rush as I need sleep and as soon a painkillers kick in I'm back to bed for a couple of hours. Apologies for the brief and less than courteous note.

Ok here's the short summary. I did need transport back, I now have that arranged. Will post the full story in a while. Thanks again for everyone's help. James if you are reading this I will call you shortly

If you can't get a lift back from Shrewsbury without this much kerfuffle, god knows how you are gonna make it to Asia or wherever it is you are going.

Right here goes. At 9pm last night I agreed to sell my car to someone in deepest SW Wales. I'd spoke to him 3 times and was pretty comfortable. No chance tomorrow or nxt week unless someone comes to me Arranged to meet in Swansea, if they didn't like the car at the VERY good price we finished on (plus inconvenience money)I drive to Shrewsbury and drive home.

Up at 4 on the road at 430. Leisurely drive with a couple of stops. Arrived at 845. Me with car as described, them with ready cash as required with no last minute haggling. Into the bank, paid in with no problem so provide regs docs, car keys and then to Swansea Station. Arse replacement bus to Bridgend but no problem, direct 2 hour train from there to Shrews. Took 30 mins to Bridgnd where the ticket office assures me quicker to get 1038 to Cardiff and a quicker train to Shrews from there. What they didn't tell me is I have a 7 min window though it seems we're running to time. If so ill be at Shrews by 120 rather than 155.
If not I guess the adventure continues.

I have had the kind offer of a spare train ticket due to someone turning up late and missing it. Not only that it is amongst friends.

My wife thinks I'm barmy. I needed to sell the car (or not). Most of all I needed to see SUFC one more time before I leave. Thanks for all the assistance I received. Hope that explains the rushed post last night.

Ok made the connection and even had time for a crafty ciggie. Direct train from Bridgend wasn't leaving until around 1125 and must've been a 2-1/2 hour trip through the valleys. Woohoo. Win, lose or draw mission is accomplished. I'll take a draw btw.

See above. I have someone's spare return train back with a suitable contribution. Mods can now move to the pub. I think this has sever its course, though it is SUFC related.

Btw Neg rep is a bit rich and premature !!!!!

Back