• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Victoria Wood

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
What do people think of her?

I personally think she is a very clever comedienne.

Watched her show last night and they homed in on Acorn Antiques and used the Mrs Overall character as an ongoing biog from the Acorn Antiques days. Bo Atkinson (Julie Walters) was the actress that played Mrs.Overall and it was great telly watching her trying to get some celeb status again by trying to line herself up some reality TV work to raise her profile.

Cracking piece when she said she was up for the role of Purdy in The New Avengers but let Joanna Lumley have the part as Mrs Overall was a much better part, and she got one over on Lumley by getting the part.

Cracking TV.

I love her, she's great at the musical things like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCIKjYDf1g

and of course, I advocated very strongly for her in dinnerladies when we did battle of the comedy shorts/sitcoms. I do think she appeals more to women though generally, some of her humour when she's going on about periods, menopause etc is obviously more relevant to us!

I love her, she's great at the musical things like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCIKjYDf1g

and of course, I advocated very strongly for her in dinnerladies when we did battle of the comedy shorts/sitcoms. I do think she appeals more to women though generally, some of her humour when she's going on about periods, menopause etc is obviously more relevant to us!

She played that as her finale but changed the words to modernise it a bit. Russell Brand and Phil and Fearne were mentioned

She does get better with age , both from her point of view and the auidence . I can appreciate the gags more now . Still very revolutionary for her day when she started ff (as Dawn French said she was neither Alternative or the old school comic base ).

Very clever and astute (and now find her oddly attractive like Dobby from Peep show)
But a comedy genius

Twas very good. Didn't rate the middle-aged Olympic skit, but the LarkPie & Mrs Overall skits where superb!

Back