• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Magnum PI

Private Detective
Some interesting thoughts and allegations...

(Talking about wanting Hurst back) - "personally i'd sooner have their number 11 think his name was straker.....he ran us ragged!"

(About Hurst's antics while at Chesterfield) - "my mate once went up to him and said your kevan hurst aren't you? Do you want a drink ? His reply was - sir kevan hurst to you and no you can't afford what I'm drinking." - Cue a load of Spirites now wanting to punch his lights out

(About the club and Phil Brown) -" Well they certainly did a job on us and sitting immediately behind their bench today they came across as a team full of effort, organisation and plenty of goal threat. With all those traits it looks as the experienced manager exposed us big time. I'll admit to scoffing at his career and media headlines but hands in the air it looks as though I am wrong about him from what his team give."

(About Phil Brown) -"I noticed he was reluctant to shake hands with Paul Cook after the game then having gone over to the away fans offered his hand out to PC who effectively mouthed 'on ya bike' or words to that effect, then walked down the tunnel smiling. Very childish. I notice he is a slightly lighter shade of orange these days!"

(The reality of supporting a League 2 team and getting older) -"I'm 56 next year and I've only watched Town in the FA Cup 3rd Round 5 times. Today wasn't the worst performance by a long way but it does get frustrating when you think that you might only get there two or three more times in your lifetime. Quite stark really but probably true"

(On Barry Corr) -"I thought one of the big differences between the two sides today was the strikers. Armand hardly wn a header (except the one to set Roberts away to cross for the goal) and was bullied off the ball to easily. I was impressed by Corr, strong, good in their, control was good and brought others into play. Gave their side an outlet whereas we didn't really have one as the ball kept coming back!

Interesting read,Seems they do have respect for us as a team and expect us to be up there with them challenging for promotion.We play them again next month,should be another decent game.

Back