• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just seen this on twitter aswell. Wonder if Smiffy has heard anything?

I've not seen Pericard play, what's he like, pacey?

He's not the answer to our goalscoring needs going by his record.

he's a big lad, reasonably quick when he wants to be. He'd be a good player in League 2 but he's always flattered to deceive IMO. Started at Juvé and played at a high level... since then fallen right down the ranks, got 2 goals in 34 appearances for Swindon most recently. Did some time inside for speeding and lying about it.

[video=youtube;jSJRPesTBhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJRPesTBhU[/video]

[video=youtube;7yGVqSlYGs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGVqSlYGs0&feature=related[/video]

He's not the answer to our goalscoring needs going by his record.

Do you expect us to sign a proven 20 goal-a-season striker who will happily sit on the bench behind Corr & Harris then? Because it ain't gonna happen.

Remember him playing against us for Stoke City (i think) at Roots Hall, and was a real handful, they had another big guy up top with him though his name escapes me. (this was a few years ago now though, I think it was the game where Lee Bradbury got a dubious penalty )

I see this as an ideal signing if it works out too be honest.

He is clubless, quick(er than our other options), would presumably be cheap, would be more likely to be happy to sit on the bench or at least rotate with Corr and Harris, can play wide in a 433, tall enough to be a target man if played alone and knows this level well.

As I say, all things considered, I'd say this type of player is the perfect type of player we are looking for at the moment. Whether Pericard is the right person too be that player remains too be seen - but I'd be really happy with him signing as a squad type player.

Pericard:
23 goals, 161 appearances
0.14 goals per game
7 games per goal

B. Sturrock:
37 goals, 273 appearances
0.135 goals per game
7.4 games per goal

Barry Corr....

He is a target man and was a very good one. When Blues were in Championship he played against us in the game we won 1-0 (freddy penalty). He and Spinner had a hell of a battle.

This is what we need NOT a pacey forward. Harris needs someone to play off and Crawford and Asante can't provide that. Mohsni up front verse Ipswich highlighted that this is what we need.

Whilst he hasn't been prolific that didn't stop him paying in Premiership with Stoke and regularly in the Championship promotion year. Big, strong in the air, and holds it up well.

Notheless will score at L2 level- say 10-15 a season. Note he got 4 in 11 whilst at Carlisle on loan.

He is a target man and was a very good one. When Blues were in Championship he played against us in the game we won 1-0 (freddy penalty). He and Spinner had a hell of a battle.

This is what we need NOT a pacey forward. Harris needs someone to play off and Crawford and Asante can't provide that. Mohsni up front verse Ipswich highlighted that this is what we need.

Whilst he hasn't been prolific that didn't stop him paying in Premiership with Stoke and regularly in the Championship promotion year. Big, strong in the air, and holds it up well.

Notheless will score at L2 level- say 10-15 a season. Note he got 4 in 11 whilst at Carlisle on loan.

I'd actually be quite pleased with Pericard, personally think he can score goals at this level. He is a targetman yes but he does also have a bit of pace about him. Three strikers of the quality of Harris, Corr and Pericard really would give us a great chance of getting out of this league.

Course he may play tonight and be gash, you never know...... :unsure:

He will be better than Asante and Crawford. So if hes available sign him

Dont think hes the answer though. Dont know if he'll fancy the scrap that is League 2

Him and Sidibe were a right handful when we played Stoke at the start of 06-07, would certainly be a good targetman at this level. With Corr injured and two wingers who could very easily put a lot of good crosses into the box I see no harm whatsoever in taking a look at him. He's a big bloke as well so would be fine with the brutish defenders a lot of clubs at this level have.

Back