• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vincent Perricard

Been discussed before. I would like to see him here and would feel at home with the frenchies. I wonder if JFC was in the same Pompey squad as him?...

Worked with the boy on CM 04/05 and he wasn't good enough for me in Serie B but obviously League One is a different kettle of fish. Also, we need to bear in mind the difference between computer simulation and real life although I usually find the 'step-up' to actually existing soccer isn't as great as many like to make out. I know that during Anthony Barness' loan spell in 96 Ronnie Whelan actually gave the virtual Barness a run out on more than one occasion and no-one could tell the difference.

He's being chased by Southampton and Charlton so we won't get a look-in, he has left Carlisle because he wants to play for a team with genuine hopes of being in the Championship next season, and that isn't us.

Please spell his surname correctly, otherwise my 'Dire Crap' anagram doesn't work and it makes me unhappy.

Thanks in advance.

Apparently Swindon have made an approach for him.

I think you will find rumours linking Southend to Tom Cruise of Arsenal are nearer the truth. Southend scout revealing paperwork at West Ham Arsenal reserve game last night. Here is hoping it is Merida and not Cruise! :P

I think you will find rumours linking Southend to Tom Cruise of Arsenal are nearer the truth. Southend scout revealing paperwork at West Ham Arsenal reserve game last night. Here is hoping it is Merida and not Cruise! :P

Signing Jack Wishere will be Mission Impossible, so lets hope we can get another Top Gunner in, instead of someone from Faraway who likes a Cocktail, and was born on 4th July. :)

The pun counter on here would go mental if he signed up.

Yep. Also heard this.

Ladies & Gentlemen. Introducing 18 year old Left back, Tom Cruise of Arsenal. Standing at 6' tall, he made his Gooner first-team debut last month in the CL game against Olympiakos. Very highly thought of by Mr Wenger.

Details

cruise_0708tom1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. Also heard this.

Ladies & Gentlemen. Introducing 18 year old Left back, Tom Cruise of Arsenal. Standing at 6' tall, he made his Gooner first-team debut last month in the CL game against Olympiakos. Very highly thought of by Mr Wenger.

Details

cruise_0708tom1.jpg

As long as he's not a Scientologist. I don't want those ******* Lizard People anywhere near my beloved club....

Yep. Also heard this.

Details

cruise_0708tom1.jpg

No doubt he'd be a good signing, and prove to be a valuable player to us whilst he is here, but what about poor old Johnny Herd?

As I understand it Tilson, like me, doesn't think he is ready for a full season at our level and would ideally like to loan him out to help his development. But if thats the case, why are we brining in people of similiar ages like Friend, Malone and possibly Crusie on loan to do the job?

I'm not the biggest fan of Herd and think if he wasn't "one of ours" then his performances would get more stick then they actually do. He has potential to be a very good left back for us, but he isn't ready as yet. Ideally I'd have liked an experienced left back, like Chris Powell, to have joined in the summer. He wouldn't last the 50 odd games we play, and nor would Herd, so they could job share over the course of the season giving Herd the experience to allow him to be the first choice when Powell retired in the summer.

It's been pretty obvious for some time that Tilly doesn't rate Jonny Herd and I'd be very surprised if he was here beyond this contract.

I think he does.

He stated eariler on in the season he wanted to loan out both O'Keefe and Herd to aid their development and I think both have big futures at the Club if they progress in the right way. I agree about sending them out on loan, but we aren't in a position to do that.

Perhaps if, as rumoured, Billy Jones arrives, then Herd may go out on loan.

Let's hope Arsenal or Cruise are going to ask us to show them the money or else we're boned.

It's been pretty obvious for some time that Tilly doesn't rate Jonny Herd and I'd be very surprised if he was here beyond this contract.
I disagree. Herd had established himself with the game against MK Dons and probably would have got a run in the side if he hadn't got injured. Tilly said that he had been doing well and was missed. Wolves probably made it a condition of Malone's loan deal that he had to play if he was fit - that happens a lot - so he hasn't been able to get back in. A good little player.

Back