• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Virgin - What you paying!?

The General

The Mouse (*)
Just got off the phone from "the dark side" (Virgin) and this rather camp fella reckons he can do me the whole thing (TV 'the full package', Broadband, Phone) for 50 quid!! Im currently paying £72 for everything bar Movies with Sky! Is this too good to be true?! This includes HD and all that stuff with no installation fees!

Kev

I was about to make you an offer but having read the post I now realise you're talking about something else.

around £40 for xl tv (exc sky sports/movies) with V+ HD box, Large broadband and phone with evening and weekend calls.

around £40 for xl tv (exc sky sports/movies) with V+ HD box, Large broadband and phone with evening and weekend calls.

Really!? Okay that sounds good as happy to pay extra for sports and movies ... They are supposed to be ringing back (10 mins ago!!) so i will find out what size broadband i'll be getting, and also what box that comeswith as obviously want the V+ one - despite the ViVo looking a bit useful!

Just spoke to them again:

For £55

ALL TV including Sky Sports and Movies and ESPN!
L Broadband 30MB
Free calls throughout (upgraded for free)
V+ HD box
Free multiroom.

Cheeeeerss

:clap:

You guys don't know you're born. I pay €115 per month for phone, broadband, TV and Sky Sports with the Virgin equivilent (UPC) over here. No HD or multiroom either.

Is it bad that I don't know what I pay for mine. It's SKY+ without the HD.

I'm the same with my mobile, and most bills come to think of it....once the DD is set up it's forgotten about.

Just spoke to them again:

For £55

ALL TV including Sky Sports and Movies and ESPN!
L Broadband 30MB
Free calls throughout (upgraded for free)
V+ HD box
Free multiroom.

Cheeeeerss

:clap:

Christ, you must have proper sweet talked them. We're on Virgin and we dont pay that and we havent got ESPN! Have a word with them, see if you can get them to give us that deal lol

Christ, you must have proper sweet talked them. We're on Virgin and we dont pay that and we havent got ESPN! Have a word with them, see if you can get them to give us that deal lol

Same here !!!

I have the XL package, V+ box, all the Sky Sports channels, ESPN and movies plus phone line and broadband but i pay something like £75 a month

If you get a written quote Kev can i get a copy which i can email them and try to get my deal altered

Same here !!!

I have the XL package, V+ box, all the Sky Sports channels, ESPN and movies plus phone line and broadband but i pay something like £75 a month

If you get a written quote Kev can i get a copy which i can email them and try to get my deal altered

We've got the V+ Box, broadband, phone line, Sky Sports and M Package and we pay something stupid, I dont know how much, Rich deals with that, but yeah, same here Kev if you can get a printed copy! lol

We get ESPN sports free with the XL TV package. Been on this rate for ages - when sky removed their channels a few years ago I rang up and threatened to leave and they put a discount on because of the loss of Sky channels - but when the sky channels came back they didn't remove the discount. Moved house a couple of times since and retained the discount. My sister and mother in law did the same. Just give them a call and say your thinking of leaving because its too much money.

The only bad thing about virgin is the customer service - if you get connected up to India you might as well hang up because they always seem unable to help or understand the problem. I usually select the I want to leave option as you are more likely to get a English call centre.

The only bad thing about virgin is the customer service - if you get connected up to India you might as well hang up because they always seem unable to help or understand the problem. I usually select the I want to leave option as you are more likely to get a English call centre.

You get a Sweaty instead of an Indian & I think the Indians are easier to understand!

:net:

The package deals are coming down in price. I think they are responding to the current economical climate and also trying to poach Sky's customers, as Sky is much too expensive.
As mentioned by a few on here, you must phone and say you are thinking of leaving. You will be amazed at how they suck up to you and reduce your payments or give you a bigger package for the same price.
Also works when you tell your mobile network company that you are thinking of leaving.

Back