• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Made me laugh in the south upper last night every time Morris or their keeper took a goal kick there was a chant of 'Martin out' from about 5 fans.....that'll do the trick.
If that's the way people want to protest against Martin, what's wrong with that? It's a damn sight more than you're prepared to do!! If SUFC goes down the pan, you'll only be able to look back on the fact that not only did you do nothing, you even sneared at people that tried. Shame on you DWB.

Made me laugh in the south upper last night every time Morris or their keeper took a goal kick there was a chant of 'Martin out' from about 5 fans.....that'll do the trick.
Similar in the West...."Stand uuuuuup if you hate Martin..." and only the usual suspects were on their feet, everyone else exchanged glances and got on with watching the game.

If people want to direct a chant towards Martin, then let them. They are just as entitled to do so, as those who do not.

They may be in the minority, but it is their personal opinion and their view should be respected, not ridiculed.

The main thing is we all unite behind the team.

If people want to direct a chant towards Martin, then let them. They are just as entitled to do so, as those who do not.

They may be in the minority, but it is their personal opinion and their view should be respected, not ridiculed.

I respect that Lee, but it's difficult to accept when it comes from what has been promoted as the main singing section and which Ron has, in the past, endorsed.

If that's the way people want to protest against Martin, what's wrong with that? It's a damn sight more than you're prepared to do!! If SUFC goes down the pan, you'll only be able to look back on the fact that not only did you do nothing, you even sneared at people that tried. Shame on you DWB.

Martin knows we don't like him, he isn't going to quit...FACT.

IF people want to protest, a few people shouting Martin Out when the keeper kicks the ball is not the way to do it. It makes them look rather silly. There is a thread discussing the best way to protest. If everyone collectively agrees on one protest,(I don't mean a bunch of thugs gathered in the car park shouting threats at RM) though it won't make the slightest bit of difference to what Martin thinks, it may well get some publicity.

I respect that Lee, but it's difficult to accept when it comes from what has been promoted as the main singing section and which Ron has, in the past, endorsed.

Kay, you should know by now that this area of the ground can be the most vociferous in support of the team and also against the current regime. Due to the mixture of feelings and opinions that the fans in this area have. It's the same at any ground in the world. The majority outside of this block do not seem to support what is created either way unfortunately. So it's a kind of no win situation really. When we get a proper section at FF it will be different...

Last edited:
Perhaps we'll only all be in 100% agreement if we went into administration or if worse AFC Southend had to be formed.

Thing is they aren't in the minority. I doubt there's many who don't want to see the back of Ron Martin, despite what cap Birdseye thinks there are no Ron Martin supporters in the ground.

However by having half arsed chants of Ron Martin out during the game it looks like only a few feel like that.

Having a protest that everyone will join in with is far more effective.

no ron martins in the ground?? wtf so the ones on here that post in support of him dont go to the games either?? Mind you I have suspected for a long, time that some of the most ardent supporters of martin and the regime, dont actually go either and its ironic, that some of those live well away from southend, meaning that they miss out whats happening day to day

no ron martins in the ground?? wtf so the ones on here that post in support of him dont go to the games either?? Mind you I have suspected for a long, time that some of the most ardent supporters of martin and the regime, dont actually go either and its ironic, that some of those live well away from southend, meaning that they miss out whats happening day to day

I would like to see a list of these Martin lovers! I challenge you to compile a list!

i refer you to my post earlier in the year, when i asked the question whether ron martin had lied last year to the fans or, not the usual suspects couldnt bring themselves to admit that he had, i would put those people in that catergory

Ron Martin supporters appear to be a figment of your imagination....

As OBD says above, feel free to list anyone who says Ron Martin is doing a good job and they want him to stay.

Last edited:
Back