• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Voice of Reason

First XI
Hi all after a couple of years just reading the zone i thought id take the plunge. Been following the blues since the late 60s in the days of the mighty Billy Best who is still my favourite ever player and have seen it all in that time. Can honestly say ive made some great mates in that time and have passed the baton on by dragging along both my sons and my nephew andy urry . If i had to pick out highlights i would have to include promotion at peterborough in 89 90,ditto play off final at cardiff and swansea the year after and the best ever day out donny away when we lost 5 1 and sang our hearts out. As for low points where do i start ,how about going to every game in both ldv runs and then booking holidays up for both finals now that takes some doing.Can also remember going to gillingham a few years back and after watching 89 mins of dross with us trailing 1 0 i turned to the late Paul Holland and said ive had enough of this, if wasnt until i was nearly home i found out id missed us score twice in injury time and a punch up.Still these things are what make us support southend united cheers

Welcome to the Zone Pete, we look forward to more of your memories especially after Homer's passing as life is too short and valuable.

Any mate of Paul and Graham will always get a warm welcome around here Mr Reason

welcome to the madhouse

Can we ban him Ken? 30 years + of heartache and misery I've suffered as a Southend fan and it's all down to Voice Of Reason (I was 7 years old when he first took me to a game, I should have given Esther Rantzen and Childline a call such was the cruelty)

:winking:

Can we ban him Ken? 30 years + of heartache and misery I've suffered as a Southend fan and it's all down to Voice Of Reason (I was 7 years old when he first took me to a game, I should have given Esther Rantzen and Childline a call such was the cruelty)

:winking:

I would also like to echo these comments... Quite frankly what he has put Andy, my brother and I through over the years is pure criminal!!! Being dragged on the coaches to all those away games when I was 10 has left me scarred for life. I agree we should ban him :winking:

It was a bit drastic moving to australia to stop me dragging you along anymore ,besides andy you wouldnt of missed a minute of it

Welcome to the Zone, VoR.

Rest assured, you will be looked after by this community of mostly great people.

:blush:

Back