• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vokes and Daniel Jones - I wonder!!!

south247

Coach⭐
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has confirmed he is ready to let striker Sam Vokes leave on loan.
The Welsh international almost joined Derby on transfer deadline day, but they called off a move when Rob Hulse's
spacer.gif
move to Middlesbrough failed to materialise.
Whilst Derby maintain an interest, the likes of Newcastle and Boro have also been linked with the 19-year-old.
"We'll see what happens when everyone gets back from the international duty," McCarthy
spacer.gif
told the club's website.
"Sam really needs to play some football.
"There was half a chance he could have gone out last week.
"For him to develop and for us to benefit he has to play regularly.
"Sam has had a meteoric rise from Bournemouth and for him to improve he's got to play some football so there's a chance he can go out."
McCarthy also hinted that the likes of Daniel Jones
spacer.gif
and Mark Little
spacer.gif
could also be loaned out.
"We are in a good reserve league this year with fixtures to be fulfilled," Mick added.
"But those games probably aren't of much use for players like Daniel Jones and Mark Little.
"They've had a taste of first team football and need to be playing it.
"We've not had any enquiries for any of them yet but we'll see."

We get those two I will streak on the RH pitch!

They will be off to Championship sides.

Sam Volkes would be an excellent signing - Not sure it would be that unrealistic. I know he has shot to fame recently, but he's very young and inexperienced, and a spell in League One would not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Daniel Jones is a midfielder, and I don't see us needing, or wanting, one of them to be honest. I think defence is our priority, and given how tight money seems to be, I suspect they will choose their loanee's wisely, and accordingly.

Shut it Creekold.

Sam Vokes joining us on loan, would please one poster on here in particular, as he is good pals with his father and championed Sam's talents a few seasons back, before he even made a name for himself at Bornmuff.

Daniel Jones is a midfielder, and I don't see us needing, or wanting, one of them to be honest. I think defence is our priority, and given how tight money seems to be, I suspect they will choose their loanee's wisely, and accordingly.

Does he not play LB aswell? Or is that just on FM!

Sam Volkes would be an excellent signing - Not sure it would be that unrealistic. I know he has shot to fame recently, but he's very young and inexperienced, and a spell in League One would not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Played against us for Northampton a few times and i think more recently for Oldham. Every time at left back.

Very good player at this level.

Sorry but no....Both could command championship football no worries. If we had kept our championship place then maybe but league one never....

I'm surprised that people are so dismissive of whether Daniel Jones would come here or not.

Vokes would seemingly be on his way to the Championship though.

I wouldn't have said Dervite would drop 2 divisions, like he did. We should also bear in mind that ST has a good reputation in the game AND we have a reputation for playing football so maybe not so far fetched.

I'm surprised that so many people rate Jones highly. The last time he played at Roots Hall he was woeful and there were several threads on here in which it was remarked that it was a good job that we hadn't gone after him.

Back