• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi All

The football leagues partner charity Prostate Cancer UK will be collecting before our match against Walsall on March 3rd. We are short of volunteers for the day so I am asking you my fellow shrimpers to get involved and do your bit to help beat a disease that kills 10,000 men a year in the UK. That's Fathers, Brothers, Sons, Uncles, Husbands etc. All we need is an hour or so of your time before the match and you will get a free ticket for the match in return. Come on guys and girls get signed up and make a difference

https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/matchday-volunteering

What a great post. I hope you find people to help mate. I wish I could but not available that day. All the best and the support I'm sure you'll get.

I echo those words, what a great idea to raise money and awareness for a truly worthy cause. I would be happy to join up, but I will only know closer to the time.

For those that didn't click on the link, in brief, I understand that not only will you receive a match ticket for the game, but you can also claim travel expenses & non alcoholic refreshments up to the amount of £15 to (Note: volunteers need to be over the age of 16), so for those hard up, young or old, & most importantly with a good heart that are willing to sacrifice an extra say 2 hours prior to kick off for a great cause, you should DM Undercovershrimper for more details.

A more direct link about our game in question is here:

https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-in...teering/southend-united-vs-walsall-3-mar-2018

I just signed up for the Walsall game. That ******* took my Dad.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Signed up, anything to help this awful disease, hit home by cultist of Sootys post. Sorry for your loss.

Just a reminder to everyone to bring along your spare change before the game, there will be a group of us outside freezing our bits of collecting for Prostate Cancer UK

I would normally volunteer to help with these causes but unfortunately I am not able to this Saturday.
As you rightly say this disease causes many deaths and any promotion is good.
Everyone is now aware of breast cancer and cervical cancer affecting woman and is no a longer taboo subject but, that has only because of education.
Let’s do the same for men and promote this

Just posting to say that I have the flu today so, as I have to travel up from London, I'm going to do the sensible thing and stay at home.

I'm sorry not to be there; it means I kind of hope the game does get called off so I get another chance. But if it doesn't, I'll check out the calendar for other teams' games and aim to go to one of those to collect.

Good luck, everyone! And I'm so sorry I can't make it today.

DXXluiPX4AAPd1h.jpg

Hope the collection went well, seemed tob e plenty of money going in when they came in the Shrimpers.

Back