• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barrett Banner

• Total voters
I'm keen on Kent Shrimper's offer that he makes the banner for nothing and all donations go towards the running of SZ. I may have missed it, but have Cricko or McNasty given their view on the offer. It must be getting near time for either, or both of them, to start the 'it costs huge mounts to run the Zone, and if you want to help financially then that would be nice' spiel, so why not kick it off now?

On the subject of words on the banner, there are two hopes of getting everyone to agree, Bob Hope and no hope, so the folk that made the original suggestion here get to chose from the multitude of choices put forward. If you don't like the final decision then you don't have to contribute, although it would be funds for the Zone if you do. Unless something is done arbitrarily here, a banner will never come into existence. I'm up for it and am happy to cough up, but please, lets get it going or put it to bed.

Wow.....who said anything about players leaving or getting upset, or crying because their name isnt on a banner?? Not me. People get offended or defensive for others for no reason. All I was suggesting was that it would be good to have a banner that all the team would appreciate...thats all.....and also please do not try to run a team. If you dont understand the basic psychology of positive team encouragement (which is all that I was suggesting), then please stay away from being in charge of one. Talk about reactive!! Wet lettuce indeed.

I'm keen on Kent Shrimper's offer that he makes the banner for nothing and all donations go towards the running of SZ. I may have missed it, but have Cricko or McNasty given their view on the offer. It must be getting near time for either, or both of them, to start the 'it costs huge mounts to run the Zone, and if you want to help financially then that would be nice' spiel, so why not kick it off now?

On the subject of words on the banner, there are two hopes of getting everyone to agree, Bob Hope and no hope, so the folk that made the original suggestion here get to chose from the multitude of choices put forward. If you don't like the final decision then you don't have to contribute, although it would be funds for the Zone if you do. Unless something is done arbitrarily here, a banner will never come into existence. I'm up for it and am happy to cough up, but please, lets get it going or put it to bed.

Post 65 of the other thread.

Just an idea, can't we get an A3 poster sized version as well and get Adam to sign it. Raffle that off on here at £2 a pop. Proceeds go to the running of the site?

Did my suggestion of "Blue through and through" get discounted for any particular reason? :unsure:

Can you slow down a bit on the deletions Ricey? I didn't even get a chance to read it, outrageous!!

why not change the east stand to the Adam Barrett stand? or as weve a lot of ex players we call 'legends', each seat in the ground could commemorate a player.

why not change the east stand to the Adam Barrett stand? or as weve a lot of ex players we call 'legends', each seat in the ground could commemorate a player.

I actually quite like that we just have the North, South, East and West Stands.

Back