• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly, just booked hotel, flights and travel to and from airports,hotel and ground all for £150 each and thats for 15th to the 18th which I think its bloody good

Gareth i take you back to the point i made to Scott!

It dosnt end there does it Scott? Time you have paid out for Food, Drink, Programme, entrance money etc you can add at least the same again. And that is each! Say a bloke want to take his family or kids? Ridiculous waste of money!

Perhaps you would prefer to see people paying out for this waste of money rather than for when the season starts! Let us know your thoughts!

If you spelt "Scottish" right you would have a valid arguement, but instead you spelt it wrong and therefore we should go to Scotland. The team will enjoy it,the fans will enjoy it, paul will enjoy it and we could leave blair up there aswell. Also paul and the squad want to go and if they dont they may be disapointed and it may effect their morale next season.

Why can't Ron pay for the trip seeing as he loves the club so much? For the club to ask anyone for extra money after the way it has been run the last few years i find sickening!

Firestorm said:
As for the not affording it bit, if the team building element of the tour works and we start the season with a winning run, then an extra 300 fans at at a tenner for 4 games would soon clear the 10k spent by the club on the tour.

Personally , I joined the trust at its outset because of its aim to set up a fighting fund. As things now stand a fighting fund is unattainable, the trust could never raise enough money to take the club over / bail it out fully, etc so my expectations have changed.

If the supporters can put their hands in their pockets and help the club do that bit more, whether its by buying equipment they need, sponsoring the youth, lending money to lift a transfer embargo or subsidising a pre season trip then I am ok with it.

Subsidising day to day activities is a different issue
What he said :clap:

Dont see what the fuss is all about. People are not being forced to pay for it. It is optional !! So if you choose not to support/contribute, dont, but why the need to make such an issue of it. Whats the old expression, "if you dont ask, you dont get ...!"

I am undecieded as of yet, but it will be my own decision, quite frankly if some people thinks its so wrong, I really dont care !

Ive now just re read the email from the Trust, I thought they was asking if we (ie fans) would consider contributing - Ive been away on holiday for 3 weeks, so am a little slow at the moment. HOWEVER, I prob will still vote in favour of it, as I trust the judgement of Sturrock in regards to the importance of the tour ...

As for the not affording it bit, if the team building element of the tour works and we start the season with a winning run, then an extra 300 fans at at a tenner for 4 games would soon clear the 10k spent by the club on the tour.

Personally , I joined the trust at its outset because of its aim to set up a fighting fund. As things now stand a fighting fund is unattainable, the trust could never raise enough money to take the club over / bail it out fully, etc so my expectations have changed.

If the supporters can put their hands in their pockets and help the club do that bit more, whether its by buying equipment they need, sponsoring the youth, lending money to lift a transfer embargo or subsidising a pre season trip then I am ok with it.

Subsidising day to day activities is a different issue
What he said

What he said :clap:
...and what she said!:smile:

Gareth i take you back to the point i made to Scott!

Granted flights,hotels and travel £150. Food,drink,strippers etc another £150/£200 which could easily be taken from Mays and Junes pay packet!its not like we havent got enough time to book things up and save etc maybe am lucky I have a very well paid job but even when I wasnt I still bugeted

As a football fan I always know I will be doing 50 plus games a season so I budget, ticket and travel each month, also each year I have my fingers cross for a tour, plus I dont really do much out side of football so I can afford to do the amount of games I do

Steve, your to negitive towards things lighten up a little you never know go on tour and get laid!!

I say let the tour commence and damn the expense,good for PS and the players to bond,plus maybe we get to see TrueBlue in a kilt.

tottenham541

in the last few years yes but not over the last 10 years your user name suggest your a tottenham fan so im suprised you even care tbh

think again you mug.

tottenham541

ill give you £100 to come and say it to my face, ill meet u down the front later i bet 100% you wont because you are a fag

I make that 15-All....

Now, relax chaps or it's a week off the Zone.

:cheers:

How much is Ron Martin being asked to contribute? Maybe he'd like to match any amount paid by the trust?

My own feeling is - shove it. Will the Trust make a 'contribution' so I can have a holiday in Vegas? No.
Then why should the club have the cheek to ask us this when it cant even pay the staff. Its simple, if the club can't afford it then its a non starter. I suspect a lot of Trust members will have to sacrifice a holiday this year due to the current economic situation, I would like to see Martin look those people in the eye and tell them why they are paying for sopmeone else to have a nice trip away.

Blue Pilot
i guess they would pay for you to go to Vegas (well half) if you was the manager and convinced them that it would make next season better? lol

also would we get some gate money as i guess if we play hearts we could earn a few quid from the 40% or does that not apply to these games?

Personally, I'm pleased to see some debating going on, and some fairly impassioned posts being made. Just to clarify, the recent £12k "donation" wasn't quite as it sounds. Physio equipment (which had been second hand when purchased, and inherited by Ben Clarkson) needed replacing as it was no longer benefitting the players requiring treatment. The plea came about through a Zone member highlighting this via another Zone member and to the Trust. This was agreed up to the value of £2k, the other £10k is for continuation of the Youth Team sponsorship which I hope you will all agree, has proved beneficial, particularly this year. It's never an easy decision to agree to requests for funding and they're definitely debated and decisions are rarely unanimous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back