• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vote Tory

chadded

Not striking since 2004
If the Conservatives get in, then the ridiculous Cider tax that came in the other week will be reversed. What better reason is there? You know it makes sense.

If the Conservatives get in, then the ridiculous Cider tax that came in the other week will be reversed. What better reason is there? You know it makes sense.

What's a couple of pence on cider matter? We have to raise 80 bn in taxes and savings, whoever wins the election will be doing a lot more than fiddling with the West Country.

PS - The cider tax has already been dropped :)

What's a couple of pence on cider matter? We have to raise 80 bn in taxes and savings, whoever wins the election will be doing a lot more than fiddling with the West Country.

PS - The cider tax has already been dropped :)

It matters a lot, and it hasn't been dropped. It has happened, but will be reversed on June 30th is the Tories get in. :p

It's a joke tax anyway - the cheap and nasty crap like White Lightning & Diamond White hasn't come within 50 miles of an apple. Its made from fermented corn oil. Yum!

Anyway ask any bored teenage goth drinking in a graveyard and they'll be necking cheap paint stripping vodka.

It matters a lot, and it hasn't been dropped. It has happened, but will be reversed on June 30th is the Tories get in. :p

Nope, on the news this morning - to get the budget through in time, Brown has dropped a couple of things, including the cider tax.

Nope, on the news this morning - to get the budget through in time, Brown has dropped a couple of things, including the cider tax.

Brown dropped this because the other parties said they'd "talk" the budget bill out with the result that none of the budget would get through. My understanding is that Brown has said that the tax will be reintroduced subject to Labour being returned to power. Sounds like he's just blown the cider producers votes (id they hadn't already).

To be fair, I'm a little confused on this. It came into play on 29th March, and the Tories say that if they get into power, then it will be reversed on 30th June, but Labour will re instate it if they are re-elected. So has cider been reduced in price overnight?

Linky: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8606373.stm

Love it - the main item on the manifestos is the price of Cider. Talk about trying to win the "chav" vote. ;)

Love it - the main item on the manifestos is the price of Cider. Talk about trying to win the "chav" vote. ;)

U Wot? Iz you callin me a chav? If I ad time I'd cum rnd and shank u wiv ma blaaaaaade, but me lectric tag n curfew say I as to be home bi 7.

The battlegrounds are, appropriately enough, in the METHs, the Medium-sized English Towns and their Hinterlands.

It all depends on what happens in places like Rochester and Strood, Crawley, Harlow, Halifax, Luton South (although alcohol may be less of an issue as there is a sizeable Muslim community there), Blackpool North, Pudsey etc. Plenty of chavs there.

Plus the South-West is pretty important as will the Tory gains be just off Labour (ie an anti-Labour vote) or is there popular support behind Cameron, and the Tories will be able to take Lib Dem seats?

Back