• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Voting farce for the Women's World cCup.

stewart

Striker
England have done themselves no favours when they sided with UEFA to vote for a very much inferior proposal from Columbia against the very excellent proposal that had FIFAS backing for a joint trans tasman proposal from Australia / New Zealand,which also had the backing od the ASIA and Oceania delegates. Come the voting for the mens 2030 world cup England should expect no help from Asia ,Oceania,Australia or New Zealand,An Absolute disgrace on your part sorry, I think your football federation has lost some good friends .

Of course, you're not biased in anyway I presume? And what has the Men's World Cup got to do with anything, you're talking about the Womens game and Board.

Of course, you're not biased in anyway I presume? And what has the Men's World Cup got to do with anything, you're talking about the Womens game and Board.
Alot to do with it when it comes to garnishing support for your bid , do you really thin this non support wont be taken into account when the time comes .

And when it comes to Bias may i add i was born in Southend ,play football in their youth side back in 61/62 im english but australian naturlised,.Im just a person who believes your fa have done themselves no favours ,in case you didnt know fifa rated the columbian bid as 0n a scale of 5 2.9 yet the trans tasman was rated 4.7.

England have done themselves no favours when they sided with UEFA to vote for a very much inferior proposal from Columbia against the very excellent proposal that had FIFAS backing for a joint trans tasman proposal from Australia / New Zealand,which also had the backing od the ASIA and Oceania delegates. Come the voting for the mens 2030 world cup England should expect no help from Asia ,Oceania,Australia or New Zealand,An Absolute disgrace on your part sorry, I think your football federation has lost some good friends .

I don't think anyone on here cares what you think about 'our' football federation. How about you write a letter of complaint to the English FA. I am sure they will file it accordingly

not sure why this is a surprise, or a big story really? UEFA and England want to grow the game in South America because it's a massive potential market/revenue stream. Football/soccer is already somewhat established in Aus/NZ and the Women's game is doing well (which is why it's been awarded the 2023 WC. Plus let's not forget that we probably want to be in the good books of our UEFA neighbours, more that with Aus/NZ.

I for one am absolutely devastated by this news that the women’s World Cup won’t be held in Australia.

It could take me, literally minutes, to get over.

I pᴉp ɔousᴉpǝɹ ʇɥǝ qǝuǝɟᴉʇs oɟ ∀nsʇɹɐlᴉɐ ɐup ᴉʇ ɾnsʇ ɯɐpǝ ʇɥǝ qloop ɹnsɥ ʇo ɯʎ ɥǝɐp˙

Back