• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Voting for Police Commissioner

Woop Woop that's the sound of da police...

• Total voters
Well UKIP have posted a letter through the door (the only candidate who has bothered) so that's where my vote is going. And he is holding a public meeting to set out his stall so might wander along to that on Tuesday.

Vote Daniels

Cedric+Daniels.jpg

Apparently UKIP are running more candidates than the Lib/Dems according to their representative on QT last night.

I believe that this is true - although I know the Essex Lib Dem view is that there is already too much politics in policing and we don't need any more of it hence no candidate. They are asking people to vote for the Independent candidates.

I will be voting but haven't decided whether to spoil my paper for the first time ever or whether to plump for any of the candidates.

If before the election I find anything out about the independants I may vote for them, if not I'll spoil my paper - which I did for one of the local elections last year.

This election should be seen as a referendum on elected police commissioners. Voting for any candidate is a 'yes' vote, not voting is the 'no' vote.

Seeing as elected commissioners are an utter waste of time and resources I will be voting 'no' by not voting.

Not sure you are voting in scotland, devolution and all that
As an aside do you get a vote on scottish independence being English?

I do, because I live here, wheras my friend Ron, who was born and raised in this village but now lives in (and supports) Southend won't be able do.

A few friends have written to the new policing bigwig and after 3 weeks have yet to get a reply so not much to compliment the new system on. The word is he is recruiting a deputy and 4 assistants; with an annual total pay to approach 1/3 million.
And that their first task will be to cut spending!

Back