• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Voting for Police Commissioner

Woop Woop that's the sound of da police...

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
Now I recieved my polling card this morning and

1) I have no idea who's running. Yes I could look it up but I've not even had a flyer through my door from any candidate.
2) Is it really going to make any difference? Laws are made in Westminster, so the MK elected police commisioner can't legalise prostituion and marajuana.

So is this the most utterly pointless election ever? I'd be amazed if the turn out breaks 10%...who's damn stupid idea was this and how much tax payers money has gone down the toilet.

Poll added so if you'd like to vote for voting you can.

For the first time in my life I'm also tempted not to vote. IMO it is a complete and utter waste of time and tax payers' money. It seems to me that they will have almost no real powers, and won't really be able to influence a whole lot. Moreover, where they can make a difference, I would prefer to actual police, who know the area and its characteristics, make the decisions.

I'd love someone to prove me wrong.

(Where's the "haven't made up my mind yet" option?)

You will not receive any flyer's through yur door for any candidate as it isn't allowed for thie election. It is another election run under a PR system to add to the confusion. There are no LibDem candidates in Essex, or, as I understand, in many places across the country.

Turnout will probably be the smallest for any election EVER in this country, and possibly any country.

You will not receive any flyer's through yur door for any candidate as it isn't allowed for thie election. It is another election run under a PR system to add to the confusion. There are no LibDem candidates in Essex, or, as I understand, in many places across the country.

Turnout will probably be the smallest for any election EVER in this country, and possibly any country.

Awesome.

Are they going to be elected on a job-share basis? ie Tory 58% of the time, Lib Dem 31%, Labour 8% and Raving Loony 3%?

Ever since I have been able to vote, I have never missed the opportunity to do so.

These elections do strike me as a bit mince, but I'll still be exercising my right to vote. All we've had through ao far is the local Conservative Party newsletter, which was essentially a four page dedication to their candidate. Whose name I have already forgotten.

Really? I've had two from the Tories promoting their candidate.

How are people supposed to figure out who to vote for then?

Ever since I have been able to vote, I have never missed the opportunity to do so.

These elections do strike me as a bit mince, but I'll still be exercising my right to vote. All we've had through ao far is the local Conservative Party newsletter, which was essentially a four page dedication to their candidate. Whose name I have already forgotten.

I have almost never missed a chance to vote but have happily written "None of the Above" on my paper several times. The choice of Positive Abstention should be included on every ballot paper.

I haven't a scooby whether we are supposed to be voting for a Commissioner up here in the Highlands, and I can't be bothered to google it.

I have almost never missed a chance to vote but have happily written "None of the Above" on my paper several times. The choice of Positive Abstention should be included on every ballot paper.

I haven't a scooby whether we are supposed to be voting for a Commissioner up here in the Highlands, and I can't be bothered to google it.

Not sure you are voting in scotland, devolution and all that
As an aside do you get a vote on scottish independence being English?

I still can't get my head around what difference the PCC will make. Why does every area seem to have a retired Police Inspector as a candidate - is the police pension not delivering what was expected or something! Up until recently the PCC Website had very little information about the candidates 'policies', but did notice on Friday there was plenty of 'drivel' on there.

I find it a little bizarre that we haven't had any 'flyers' (apart for the full page ad for Mick Thwaites in one of the local papers) and pretty sure this will attribute to a low turnout.

I'll probably vote (because I've paid for the election!) but really fancy going for a wildcard.

Not sure you are voting in scotland, devolution and all that
As an aside do you get a vote on scottish independence being English?

Wouldn't it (shouldn't it?) be all people resident in Scotland who are eligible to vote? Is ee there is a campaign underway to allow ex-pats to vote. I don't like that idea - you left Scotland, it's not your choice.

Back