• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chapperzUK

At the moment we are clinging onto our play-off hopes by our finger tips. If we win tonight then we lose our grip, but win and the hope may return.

5 players having a late fitness test, with Cresswell being one, but we have Corr back after illness.

I'd like to see:

Bentley
Clohessy Mohsni Mkandawire Straker
Hurst Lund Laird/Spillane Reeves
Corr Eastwood

I'd drop Assombalonga to the bench. Laird has only just returned so he might be one of the 5. Would like to see Tomlin given a bit more match time too off the bench.

Bentley
Hurst Lund Laird Reeves
Corr Eastwood

Very important game, like every other game now til the end of teh season. im goign with a poor game a 2-1 win with Eastwood and laird scoring. Come on Southend!

I saw tonight very much part of a block of 3 games where I expected at least 6 points. The best we can hope for tonight would be to finish with 4 points out of 9 against the bottom dwellers which is woeful at best.

Simple. Win or draw and we still have a very outside shot.

Lose and I think we can all safely say it is over for this season, bar Wembley.

Assuming these people are fit:
Bentley
Clohessy - Mohsni - Mkandawire - Straker
Hurst - Laird - Lund - Reeves
Eastwood - Assombalonga

Subs: Smith - Coughlan - Cresswell - Leonard - Spicer - Corr - Tomlin​

Bentley
Hurst Lund Laird Reeves
Corr Eastwood

Very important game, like every other game now til the end of teh season. im goign with a poor game a 2-1 win with Eastwood and laird scoring. Come on Southend!

This looks good for me. Think Britt is on borrowed time a bit as he has been a long way off his best for quite a while now:sad:

Bentley
Hurst Lund Laird Reeves
Corr Eastwood

Agree with this, although think we may see Leonard in for Clohessy.

I suspect Sturrock will be reluctant to play both Freddy and Corr. IIRC they have Branston at the back and that front two is not particularly mobile. Would play right into his hands. But then I think the team will largely pick itself with whoever is available.

Simple. Win or draw and we still have a very outside shot.

Lose and I think we can all safely say it is over for this season, bar Wembley.

A think we have sadly arrived at the situation where, dropping points at home to one of the bottom sides, is no longer an option. We can only achieve 79 points maximum and dropping two points tonight would make it 77. I reckon we're going to need at least 73 points for a play-off place and it could be higher than that. To get to play-off heaven we're clearly going to have to start a run of winning games...........if it doesn't start tonight.........then when exactly?????
I originally went for a 2-2 draw tonight but have changed to a 2-1 victory. In his pre-match interview I got the feeling that he was a less respectful for the Plymouth attack than he was for that of Torquay. Attack! attack! attack! must be the starting mantra.......we've virtually got to throw caution to the wind. Even a win tonight won't lift my spirits TOO much, we still have to achieve back to back League wins this year.........a shocking statistic for a team dreaming of a play-off place.

Did we not beat Chesterfield then Oxford? Or was there a game inbetween? Not that it really matters as your overall point is correct.

I suspect Sturrock will be reluctant to play both Freddy and Corr. IIRC they have Branston at the back and that front two is not particularly mobile. Would play right into his hands. But then I think the team will largely pick itself with whoever is available.

Agreed - Think Corr and Freddy are good players but I would worry about the lack of movement if they played together. That said I cant think of two better finishers so maybe it would work?

FFS! Southend 0 Plymouth 1 (Banton, 90+5). It had to be him didn't it. :'(:thumbdown:

Have to say although I really do like Britt I think his form has been too poor for too long now and he's running out of chances. Maybe give the lad a little bit of a rest and bring him on with 20 mins to go, his pace might really hurt tired legs.

A friend of a friend tells me freddy isn't even included in the squad tonight

If this is true this is an absolute joke from sturrock! My patience has run out with him, seriously lost the plot

An absolute insult to freddy and i expect the same "he isn't fit" fob off from PS

Back