• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Make sure those of you who want to go in there with season tickets get them sorted!

So does this mean you cannot buy a ticket on the day for W block or am i being thick?

That's what it says, although I'm not sure that's what they mean. If I had to guess I'd say they mean that season ticket holders for other parts of the ground will, in theory at least, not be able to migrate.

That's what it says, although I'm not sure that's what they mean. If I had to guess I'd say they mean that season ticket holders for other parts of the ground will, in theory at least, not be able to migrate.

Thanks Mick. I think that is what they mean. If not I cannot help but think it would be a) totally unenforceable and b) if they could enforce it the block would consist of about ten people.

Yeah that cant be what they mean, Im sure you can still buy tickets for there, you cant just wander over.

Remember people, clock is ticking for you to move your season tickets, deadline is Saturday.

Yeah that cant be what they mean, Im sure you can still buy tickets for there, you cant just wander over.

Remember people, clock is ticking for you to move your season tickets, deadline is Saturday.

Not sure why they felt the need to impose such a short, arbitrary deadline, especially during the "holiday season".

Looked like about 50 season ticket holders in W block when I was in the ticket office a short while ago. Not sure if they are all new ones or people that have swapped.
Has anyone on here swapped yet?

Looked like about 50 season ticket holders in W block when I was in the ticket office a short while ago. Not sure if they are all new ones or people that have swapped.
Has anyone on here swapped yet?

Yes, I did last week, see my previous thread about W Block.

Today I've been down and got one for my son; from what I could tell from a quick look on the screen they're going pretty well....

They basically hate the block from what I can tell.

My impression is that the people who think all football fans should behave like sheep, sit in their allocated seat, be quiet during the game, apart for a polite 'Oh, well played, sir!' uttered occasionally while interspresed with an odd round of polite applause, hate W Block.
Those people who think football should have a bit of character, noise and passion, whether they want to help create it or not, welcome sections in football grounds like W Block as enhancing their overall match day experience.

At least we still have W Block where, hopefully, we can still recreate something like the atmosphere I grew up watching football in and what makes me love the game and it's passion.

My impression is that the people who think all football fans should behave like sheep, sit in their allocated seat, be quiet during the game, apart for a polite 'Oh, well played, sir!' uttered occasionally while interspresed with an odd round of polite applause, hate W Block.
Those people who think football should have a bit of character, noise and passion, whether they want to help create it or not, welcome sections in football grounds like W Block as enhancing their overall match day experience.

At least we still have W Block where, hopefully, we can still recreate something like the atmosphere I grew up watching football in and what makes me love the game and it's passion.

Why cant you have that and sit/stand in an allocated seat ?

They basically hate the block from what I can tell.

They can't hate you that much.

They don't have to let you flout ground regulations regarding seating nor do they have to let you have that monotonous drum :winking:

Why cant you have that and sit/stand in an allocated seat ?

Have no issue with standing in an allocated seat or allocated position as in a safe standing set up.

The problem I have with sitting in the West at Roots Hall is that it was never designed for seating, it was built as a terrace, and it was just made into seating by bolting seats onto the existing terrace in a hurry one close season. Due to this the seats have inadequate legroom, it's very difficult to shorten your femur, my sons are both over 6ft with long legs and find it nigh on impossible to sit without their knees being in the back of the person in front.
W block, and the club's very welcome attitude to standing in W, makes it possible for myself and my sons to watch football in comfort.

Give me a seat in which I can sit comfortably then I might even try it, until then I prefer to stand, if I can.

So not sure what the issue is or why you think anyone wants a sterile environment.

The club made a block available that suits your needs and it has benefited the support ever since, they have always been behind TBV and have turned a blind eye to standing and unallocated seating ever since.

Problem is when people take things too far they now have to curtail it a bit, but you still have the block where you can show the same passion and generate atmosphere without breaking your knees sitting down. Just has to be a little more organised now.

Excuse my naivety, but i'm still confused. :blush:

Can we still stand in W Block ?
Can we buy a Season Ticket directly in W Block ?
If not, do you have to buy one in the West Stand and transfer it by Saturday ?
Can we buy a normal matchday ticket for W Block ?
Can we buy a one off ticket for W Block from the Shakespeare Drive entrance, on the day ?

Excuse my naivety, but i'm still confused. :blush:

Can we still stand in W Block ?
Can we buy a Season Ticket directly in W Block ?
If not, do you have to buy one in the West Stand and transfer it by Saturday ?
Can we buy a normal matchday ticket for W Block ?
Can we buy a one off ticket for W Block from the Shakespeare Drive entrance, on the day ?

I can answer some of your questions....

Can we still stand in W Block ? As I understand it, yes.
Can we buy a Season Ticket directly in W Block ? Yes, definitely. I have transferred from V to W and I bought an ST for my son today.
If not, do you have to buy one in the West Stand and transfer it by Saturday ? No, you buy a direct ticket for W Block.
Can we buy a normal matchday ticket for W Block ? Yes, and with normal discount for buying before the day.
Can we buy a one off ticket for W Block from the Shakespeare Ave entrance, on the day ? Unsure on that one, you'll have to confirm with the Ticket Office. May be not if they want to have details on the computer of who's bought each ticket, not bought from the Shakespeare Drive office for a while but they just used to have a roll of tickets and just tear you one off for the turnstile, I've never seen any evidence of anything remotely like a computer terminal there. Of course that may have changed with the brave new world of our new ticketing system....:unsure:

Hope that helps a bit.

Back