• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

W.

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
w_ver3.jpg

Just wondered had anyone gone to see the above yet? Could you be bothered? Is it a fair portrayal of Bush, or is it just a film of sly digs at Bush, the Republicans and so forth?

I wouldn't be his biggest fan, but having studied him, the war in Iraq and so forth for yonks now, am still intrigued to know about his past and what went on before he came to power. Going to see it tonight at work hopefully.

Last edited:
Is it out yet?
Thought it was next Friday?
I fancy seeing it, some decent films out (or soon to be out) just now!

w_ver3.jpg

Just wondered had anyone gone to see the above yet? Could you be bothered? Is it a fair portrayal of Bush, or is it just a film of sly digs at Bush, the Republicans and so forth?

I wouldn't be his biggest fan, but having studied him, the war in Iraq and so forth for yonks now, am still intrigued to know about his past and what went on before he came to power. Going to see it tonight at work hopefully.

CEO of two failed oil companies, Arbasto and Harken Energy. The latter of which was bailed out by the Saudi Royal Family after intervention by his pappy Bush Snr. (see my post in the Obama thread)

Draft dodger who went AWOL whilst at flight training school together with the person who would later become his chief campaign manager, James E Bath.

Dropped out of law school after one term after it was evident his grades would never meet those required in order to graduate.

Whilst I have an intense mistrust and dislike of American political leaders I do still have a balanced view of things and I'm looking forward to seeing how he's portrayed in this movie.

Saw this movie tonight, and despite the length (2 hours 15 ish), quite liked it.

Felt Oliver Stone tried too hard to portray Bush as an idiot in places, and it became a bit annoying and repetitive towards the end. The roles of Rice and Powell are superbly played IMO, with Powell telling Dick Cheney to **** off at one point :D

I found it interesting and intriguing in general. Not to everyones taste mind: half the people at the film left before the half way point!

Would say it is worth a look.

Last edited:
Back