• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Wabo hoping for chance to shine with Shrimpers

The only chance Wabo will get is if we are safe with 4odd games left to play at the end of season with nothing left to play for, right now he may get the odd 10 minutes here and there from the bench.

The only chance Wabo will get is if we are safe with 4odd games left to play at the end of season with nothing left to play for, right now he may get the odd 10 minutes here and there from the bench.

You may be right but, as an exile who has never met him or seen him play, could you say whether you think that based on his ability/performances you’ve seen, his character (and therefore some issue there) or simply his lack of game time yet meaning he must not be fancied? No criticism here just interested because for me his goals record means he must surely be worth giving a go at some point?

The main issue I can see is that we need big lumps up top and proper service to them. We had neither until we got Humphrys and sadly we still have the second issue. Wabo, Ba, Kelman, Uncle Tom Cobbliegh and all from our yoofs don’t seem to be what we need in those specific ways.

Yeah I’ve seen him play a few times, he is rather short which will go against him at this moment with us as he is not what we are looking for, Kelman will always be in front of him, Wabo does look right weight wise as he uses his body well against defenders, the only thing he needs is a run of games and a bit of confidence and he will get goals, this won’t be with us as he won’t get them run of games but I think he will be more use in league two, I’d be well surprised if he was still with us next season.

This is exactly what happened at the end of last season....so what did Powell do ...send him out on loan.
CP clearly has issues with him and has never given him a chance

I was impressed by him in the two games that I saw him. He was strong, enthusiastic and had good ball control. Sounds like he was less than obedient over the summer which hasn't endeared him to CP, but he does deserve another chance I think. He isn't a kid anymore, he's 20.

Has been on loan at lower league clubs and hasn't exactly set the world alight. Probably deserves a chance based on how poor our run of results have been - but hardly expect him to be the missing piece of the jigsaw. Our results will only be improved and consistency achieved when our defence is improved with established first team players returning from injury.

Seen him play a couple times in pre season over the last couple of years, and also Ba for that matter. Personally I thought Ba was the better prospect, as he has so much more energy and in fact I’d like to see him (Ba) get a chance also.

Good luck to both of them, maybe, just maybe they can prove all of the doubters wrong.

As always, we live in hope

Very few of us have seen him in training every day like CP does. It seems like Wabo hasn’t done enough against his fellow pros to warrant more game time this season. I’m sure if he was banging hattricks every week in training, he would’ve probably had plenty of opportunities by now.

Very few of us have seen him in training every day like CP does. It seems like Wabo hasn’t done enough against his fellow pros to warrant more game time this season. I’m sure if he was banging hattricks every week in training, he would’ve probably had plenty of opportunities by now.

`Well he has scored 17 this season for the U23's, which is not a bad foundation to build off. Everyone deserves a chance. To be honest, apart from the wonder goal we haven't seen much for Kelman have we.

Looks like Powell made up his mind about Wabo and Ba a long time ago and they don't figure in his plans for some reason. I suppose it's the case in any walk of life that there some people's faces just don't fit with management.

Looks like Powell made up his mind about Wabo and Ba a long time ago and they don't figure in his plans for some reason. I suppose it's the case in any walk of life that there some people's faces just don't fit with management.

Sometimes, managers do not like to acknowledge that a player may be better than they initially thought. I would like to think Chris Powell is not that sort of manager. Like others, I think Wabo and Ba should be given more opportunities than they have been.

Sometimes, managers do not like to acknowledge that a player may be better than they initially thought. I would like to think Chris Powell is not that sort of manager. Like others, I think Wabo and Ba should be given more opportunities than they have been.

Sometimes fans do not like to acknowledge that a player might not be as good as they originally thought as well.

Time will tell who was right.

Back