• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wabo joins Maidstone United on loan

Had had 3, 16 and 21 minutes when he came on as sub for us last season, coming on in Brown's last two dire games. He didn't start at Ebbsfleet and hasn't started at Maidstone and wasn't even a sub yesterday.

In the bit about him in the Bradford programme he answers the Question "If you could improve one part of your game what would it be?" - My work ethic is one part I need to improve.

If he doesn't work hard enough to impress he isn't going to make it.

Scoring goals in under 23 games, sometimes against a lot of 17 and 18 year olds, is a lot different to first team football.

Had had 3, 16 and 21 minutes when he came on as sub for us last season, coming on in Brown's last two dire games. He didn't start at Ebbsfleet and hasn't started at Maidstone and wasn't even a sub yesterday.

In the bit about him in the Bradford programme he answers the Question "If you could improve one part of your game what would it be?" - My work ethic is one part I need to improve.

If he doesn't work hard enough to impress he isn't going to make it.

Scoring goals in under 23 games, sometimes against a lot of 17 and 18 year olds, is a lot different to first team football.

That’s a shocking thing to read IMO !

You can say it’s a positive to admit he needs to improve his ‘work ethic’ , but surely this must be one if the basics for a young player otherwise he has no chance - very poor.

If I can digress a little bit , quite a few years back I spent some time with Peter Story ( long story - no pun intended ).
For the younger readers , Peter played in Arsenal’s double winning team of 1971 and also played a number of games for England.

Peter was considered to be a tough player but with limited skill ( just the general view ).
The conversation got in to skill versus attitude with Peter saying that he knew full well others had an edge in ability , so he needed to have the right attitude in every game and every training session just to keep up.

Now he was being modest I think , because his England caps were in an era of some world class defenders ( Moore , Hunter , Todd, McFarland, Charlton , Cooper etc ) so he was no bad player , but the point he made , quite rightly , that a poor attitude would have made him ‘run of the mill’ and he would not have achieved half of what he did - think about it Norman.
You have talent - don’t waste it

Obviously Peter Story kept his limited skills after football

Was convicted of running a brothel and and trying to finance counterfeit gold coins

Great player in his day with what was an excellent Arsenal team under Bertie Mee

Don't know him at all , but came across as a really nice guy when I spoke to him.
He never mentioned anything about his 'new ventures' - can't look good on his CV though can it !

Waste of time being loaned out. I see Ba has been recalled, according to Dartford manager's instagram. Does this mean he is being considered for inclusion in the first team squad at McCoulsky's expense in view of the latter's dismal showing in the last two games?

Waste of time being loaned out. I see Ba has been recalled, according to Dartford manager's instagram. Does this mean he is being considered for inclusion in the first team squad at McCoulsky's expense in view of the latter's dismal showing in the last two games?
What I was thinking, surely Ba or Wabo would show at least a bit more effort than McCoulsky has last couple of games?

Considering the poor match pitch time he's had at Maidstone, i would imagine he is probably back in training at boots and laces already, technically his 28 day loan contact runs out on Friday & they aren't playing again until Saturday.

So no real need to keep him on at the stones, unless they want to keep paying his wages, for another 28 days, but considering they bought in another few forwards recently (i doubt it).

If being sent to Maidstone isn't enough to make someone up their work ethic then I am not sure anything will.

Back