• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Finally got some game time today, granted not much, he came on as a sub in the 83rd minute.

I've joined the Ebbsfleet forum to see how he played but he didn't have much time they said. It's frustrating, he could've easily had 10 minutes for us rather Harrison in my opinion. Instead he's doing it two leagues below...

If the BBC match report is correct, the game had 6 minutes of added time, so meaning he would have got 13 minutes on the pitch.

Not to sound rude ,but if he only going to get a few minutes here and there ,he would be better off getting 90 minutes in our ressies lol or a few minutes in our 1st team .Ebbsfleet not going to play him bring him hpme .:smile:

Not to sound rude ,but if he only going to get a few minutes here and there ,he would be better off getting 90 minutes in our ressies lol or a few minutes in our 1st team .Ebbsfleet not going to play him bring him hpme .:smile:

Definitely agree.

He's probably still able to play for the reserves or U23's or maybe both.

He should be on the bench for us, working his way into our first team. A poor decision to place him out on loan......

My initial thought's was that it was a good move for him, that he would gain much more experience playing for Ebbsfleet at the 5th tier National League level then he would playing for us in the U23 side, however as it's turned out (so far) it currently seems to have been a poor decision by the club, and I also think he would have been better off staying with us and playing in the reserves.

That being said, there's another 8 games remaining (plus the possibility of play off games) and if he features heavily in them, it could still be a benefit to himself and our club for next season.

The bottom line is that Normski deserves better. Problem is that he’s now in the same situation as Harrison is here and Amos was last season. Loanees from higher leagues don’t always get guaranteed game time. Maybe he will in their next few games? If not then there’s no value in him being there and he’d be better served in our u23 side and / on the 1st team bench

I wonder if we have the power to recall him in the loan agreement? If so I’d bring him back, as I rate him higher than Robinson, and Lapado.

It’s up to Wabo to prove himself to the manager & I think he will get a start in next game as they getting desperate!

In fairness yesterday, Ebbsfleet had taken an early lead, and looked to hold on to it. When Maidenhead equalised in the 81st minute, Ebbsfleet reacted immediately, and brought Wabo on. It was about how the game unfolded that probably restricted the minutes Wabo got. Wabo came on for Rance, a midfielder, so I guess Ebbsfleet were trying to push for the winner and clearly thought Wabo might be able to get it.

Ebbsfleet are on a six game unbeaten run and that is not the time to tinker too much with the team. Wabo will likely get opportunities and will be learning throughout his stay.

This is a good thing.

Let him earn the playing time: 7 minutes this week, 15 minutes next week, half an hour the following game and then a start providing he keeps impressing each opportunity.

My initial thought's was that it was a good move for him, that he would gain much more experience playing for Ebbsfleet at the 5th tier National League level then he would playing for us in the U23 side, however as it's turned out (so far) it currently seems to have been a poor decision by the club, and I also think he would have been better off staying with us and playing in the reserves.

That being said, there's another 8 games remaining (plus the possibility of play off games) and if he features heavily in them, it could still be a benefit to himself and our club for next season.

Remind me how this mythical reserve team works ?

There's just a development team (U23s) and he can return to play in that if he and Ebbsfleet agree so I don't think it's doing him any harm being in and around a first team match squad on a Saturday. Maybe he's not as good as some think if Ebbsfleet don't want to start him and maybe a level down might see him playing regularly. Mind you I think the transfer deadline has passed for National South.

Ebbsfleet board is so quiet but the few that have posted 4 or 5 many say their manager will probably be too stubborn with his selection policy. One comment I found said he looked quite lively and should start Friday. Fingers crossed.

Remind me how this mythical reserve team works ?

There's just a development team (U23s)

A term of phrase Mick, as I eluded to when mentioning the "the U23's" in the line above. The U23's is effectively in all purpose a reserve squad, as we occasionally use 1st team senior players to feature in it, to get them up to speed (no pun intended) for fitness reasons etc when returning from Injury.

If you google "Central League Fixtures", you will find we are called "Southend Reserves" in all the under 23's fixtures.

Well when you think about it ,the under 23s really is our reserve team,maybe not in name but in essence. Hopefully Wabo will get to start pretty soon for Ebbsfleet and then we can all see if the potential we believe he has is factual.:happy:

He came on today against leaders Macclesfield. Little supply to him but he looked alert and willing. Myles Weston came on and did enough to suggest he has found his level with Ebbsfleet.

Back