• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see they were 2 0 down when he came on and came back to level, was his presence the catalyst ?

I think it would flatter his contribution to suggest he was a major factor in the comeback. What he did, he did confidently, but not enough of it to class as a major impact. I still liked the look of his performance. Some decisions, such as the penalty and a sending off , brought Ebbsfleet back into the game and not so much the team itself.

I wish I could share some views from their board but unfortunately their match report thread as seen 84 views, 0 replies and I hate to be asking the same question, and kick starting the thread to talk about a player that isn't even theirs! AGAIN!

I think it would flatter his contribution to suggest he was a major factor in the comeback. What he did, he did confidently, but not enough of it to class as a major impact. I still liked the look of his performance. Some decisions, such as the penalty and a sending off , brought Ebbsfleet back into the game and not so much the team itself.
Yes,good assessment.Macc could feel robbed by the ref.
Ebbsfleet ‘s attacks in those last 20 mins nearly all involved Weston on the right firing in crosses,not running with the ball.

First response:

"The lad did good. Quick feet, searing pace and looks around before delivering passes. Its a shame he hasn't had more game time, but in fairness, we are unbeaten in 8 and top of the form table."

First response:

"The lad did good. Quick feet, searing pace and looks around before delivering passes. Its a shame he hasn't had more game time, but in fairness, we are unbeaten in 8 and top of the form table."
I read that and my first thoughts are Southend have another realtalented player in progress and i hope next season he is given the opportunity to blossom,just as Dru has been given that opportunity.:happy::happy:

I read that and my first thoughts are Southend have another realtalented player in progress and i hope next season he is given the opportunity to blossom,just as Dru has been given that opportunity.:happy::happy:

We also have Batlokwa on loan to Lowestoft town. He played in the 2 nil defeat to Brightlingsea the other day and I read a report that suggested Batlokwa looked very good. Hopefully another starlet getting invaluable experience.

I wish I could share some views from their board but unfortunately their match report thread as seen 84 views, 0 replies

The very definition there of apathy.

0 replies after coming back from 0-2 down against the league leaders! :smile:

Ebbsfleet fan at work said he looked lively, but not physical enough.

I watched the game on BT sport and I have to say he looked smaller than I remembered him. Still, size ain't everything, a notion us men cling on to and the women placate us with. Or is that just me?

Payne wasn't big but manages to hold his own. In the long run I see Wabo being an attacking midfielder very much like Payne rather than an out and out striker.

Payne wasn't big but manages to hold his own. In the long run I see Wabo being an attacking midfielder very much like Payne rather than an out and out striker.

Wabo is a striker and the kind of player you want challenging the last man and run onto things behind the defense.

This is a good thing.

Let him earn the playing time: 7 minutes this week, 15 minutes next week, half an hour the following game and then a start providing he keeps impressing each opportunity.

Next stop a start next tomorrow night please:thumbsup:

Wabo is a striker and the kind of player you want challenging the last man and run onto things behind the defense.

I know he's a striker. Kyprianou was a left-back and winger, but in senior football it didn't pan out that way and you could assume a majority would say he's a center-back now. Wabo has good feet, and I can see him dropping deep into that pocket just to get the ball at his feet and run at the defenders to make an impact for himself if nothing else. It's just a feeling but I think that number 10 role will windup being his. Either way, he'll score goals hopefully. :smile:

Jimmy Greaves ,Dennis Law, our own Freddy Eastwood werent too big either , dont have to be big to be a striker,just need an instinct of where that ball is going to be bobbing around near that goal square.

Still picking up splinters this evening. Maybe a cameo and a goal will push his claim further.

Batlokwa scored the winner for Lowestoft tonight.

I was at Ebbsfleet tonight (Father in Law has been a fan there for 70 years).

Wabo did indeed come on. He spent most of his time chasing long balls against a gigantic Wrexham defence. However, he did have a part to play in the second goal, with a neat lay off to set up the finish and was wholly responsible for the third goal when he ran at the defender, won the ball back off him and set up one of the better finishes I've seen this season. Supporters there seem to want to keep him, I suggested that wouldn't be happening.

I was at Ebbsfleet tonight (Father in Law has been a fan there for 70 years).

Wabo did indeed come on. He spent most of his time chasing long balls against a gigantic Wrexham defence. However, he did have a part to play in the second goal, with a neat lay off to set up the finish and was wholly responsible for the third goal when he ran at the defender, won the ball back off him and set up one of the better finishes I've seen this season. Supporters there seem to want to keep him, I suggested that wouldn't be happening.
I hope the powers that be at SUFC have the same high opinion of WABO as most fans have .

Back