• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Waddock and Todorov take training

GW was and is a great bloke, but as a manager, I'm not so sure.
When appointed at QPR, his first appointment, it took about 10 seconds before the players took over. Talk about baptism of fire.

Dont want these 2 anywhere near the first team squad! They have shown there not capable! Bond brought these 2 in so they have to go! All bad eggs have to be neutralized!
How has Toderov shown he's not capable? The only players to come out with any credit so far this season have been the strikers, and he was bought in specifically to train them.

How has Toderov shown he's not capable? The only players to come out with any credit so far this season have been the strikers, and he was bought in specifically to train them.

Have they?

Elvis has been our best player so far and if pushed I’d say followed by Ralph and then Lennon......

Of the forwards Cox is yet to score, Robinson didn’t score and Humphrys scored two but from outside the box and in the same game (so has only scored in one game).....Kelman scored twice in a cup game but hasn’t really featured otherwise.....we have only scored more than one in a game v Stevenage and Wycombe and have failed to score in 5 games!!!

Have they?

Elvis has been our best player so far and if pushed I’d say followed by Ralph and then Lennon......

Of the forwards Cox is yet to score, Robinson didn’t score and Humphrys scored two but from outside the box and in the same game (so has only scored in one game).....Kelman scored twice in a cup game but hasn’t really featured otherwise.....we have only scored more than one in a game v Stevenage and Wycombe and have failed to score in 5 games!!!
Whilst Ralph and Elvis have looked good going forwards they're still a part of the defence that has been leaking goals every week (although they aren't as culpable as the centre backs), I'm sure they'll improve with a better manager coming in but their defending hasn't been great.

The lack of goals is largely down to a lack of service though, how many shots have we actually managed to take so far? The conversion rate must be pretty good.

Ralph and Elvis have looked good going forwards but they're still a part of the defence that has been leaking goals every week (although they aren't as culpable as the centre backs)

The lack of goals is largely down to a lack of service though, how many shots have we actually managed to take so far? The conversion rate must be pretty good.

You’ll need to check the stats yourself, but I do know in more than a couple of games we had more shots than the opposition.....and lost!!!

As an attacking coach I’m pretty sure it would include work on the quality of the service....

Arguably most of our defensive frailties can be attributed to **** poor defending from midfield players....Hutchinson, Hamilton (several times) and Mantom especially....

I guess someone had to..

I’m actually terrified of the prospect of Gary Waddock being in charge for the Fleetwood game but with only 3 days away from that game, I can’t see us hiring anybody between now and then.

Svetoslav Todorov and Gary Waddock watching the U23's get an urgent and important text message from Uncle Ron.

EEHxTDoUwAEsUBn.jpg

It’s gonna be these two ain’t it until the end of the season, it’s the cheap option and it suits RM.

GW was and is a great bloke, but as a manager, I'm not so sure.
When appointed at QPR, his first appointment, it took about 10 seconds before the players took over. Talk about baptism of fire.

I saw him play for QPR and and thought he was hard as nails.

But as others have alluded to, this does not always transfer into management I guess?

It’s gonna be these two ain’t it until the end of the season, it’s the cheap option and it suits RM.

I think if that was the case an announcement would have already been made. Maybe caretaker role until Nathan Jones becomes available ?

If you think that (And I don't, as they'll take us down), you can bet with SkyBet, and even if only caretaker Manager for Waddock, he has to last 10 games and you win your next Manager bet.

Do people truthfully think Ron will just take the easy and cheap option? If he wasn't that fussed then he'd of kept Bond on.

Waddock and Todorov will stay until we appoint someone, then they'll be gone.

Do people truthfully think Ron will just take the easy and cheap option? If he wasn't that fussed then he'd of kept Bond on.

Waddock and Todorov will stay until we appoint someone, then they'll be gone.

Do agree Andy S, but wondering if we have the monies to pay them off, along with Bond

Again no one knows their contracts, but I would assume they would not sign one without a package benefit in case of the chop

Back