• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Waddock to be considered for the job?

I ****ing give up if this ends up happening. Starting to seriously doubt that Martin wants the best for this club anymore.

We’re an embarrassment of a club if this happens. I’m sure Waddock is a nice chap and a good coach, but he’s had numerous opportunities as a gaffer and consistently failed to cut the mustard.

We must be ****ing skint if Ron’s considering this. Only reason can be to save on the compensation package and not have to pay out for a new manager.

Stop ****ing around and just put Barrett and Tilly in. Please for Christ’s sake give us fans something to remotely cheer about.

Probably because there are few people out there who want the job? The club is rock bottom, backroom staff and coaches are leaving, no sign of a stadium anytime soon. Some of the names mentioned on here are pure fantasy. A journeyman like Waddock is more likely than Sol Campbell.

I can't see many serious managers being interested in Southend United, unfortunately, unless Gareth Ainsworth can be persuaded to leave Wycombe. Good luck to Mr Waddock in the interim anyway...

If this club hires this goon we might as well pack up and all go home.

Rubbish first name, worst surname
Jobber managerial record
The assistant to a joyless manager who presided over the worst start to a season this club has ever seen
Got a team relegated from the conference last season
Part of the managerial structure that has led to awful team atmosphere and disheartened fans.

Never mind the Waddock - here's your P45 mate.

It's probably a mixture of both finances and lack of interest. The money for a new manager ultimately comes from the same pot as the wage budget for players and I suspect we probably didn't budget for a change in manager so early in the season. Couple that with the fact Lincoln also need a manager and will pay better than us and I can't see too many clamouring to come to us.

Waddock track record not great but if he and Tod gets us moving up the league and into safe position then he has proved himself only time will tell

If this club hires this goon we might as well pack up and all go home.

Rubbish first name, worst surname
Jobber managerial record
The assistant to a joyless manager who presided over the worst start to a season this club has ever seen
Got a team relegated from the conference last season
Part of the managerial structure that has led to awful team atmosphere and disheartened fans.

Never mind the Waddock - here's your P45 mate.

For all of those reasons, I want him in.

I'm wondering just what lines Chris Phillips is reading between.

Of course Waddock wants the job but why does it follow that Ron will give it to him?

Ron's hardly going to go to Waddock and tell him there's no chance he's going to appoint him but can you please look after the team for the next few weeks whilst I line up someone who'll probably want to sack you. Ron's going to lead him on and tell him no decision has been made yet and yes, he's got every chance if he can get a few wins so go and win on Saturday.

In reality if Ron thought Waddock was the answer he's had more than enough time to appoint him permanently. The fact that he hasn't is likely to be more significant than the fact he's let the most senior coach standing take a press conference and training ahead of Saturday's game.

And of course Ron wanted to speak to Waddock and get his views. He'd have spoken to Bond about what went wrong and that hardly stopped him sacking, sorry Bond resigning.

Probably because there are few people out there who want the job? The club is rock bottom, backroom staff and coaches are leaving, no sign of a stadium anytime soon. Some of the names mentioned on here are pure fantasy. A journeyman like Waddock is more likely than Sol Campbell.
I can't see many serious managers being interested in Southend United, unfortunately, unless Gareth Ainsworth can be persuaded to leave Wycombe. Good luck to Mr Waddock in the interim anyway...

Have to disagree, we are 6 games into the season and are a League One club. I'm sure there are plenty of out of work managers who would love the job.

There are not too many decent Managers available. Those that are available probably don’t want to join a club in crisis at the foot of league 1. Realistically would Parkinson, Rowett, Holloway or Ainsworth want to test themselves at Roots Hall when they may get a chance to Manage a club with less issues.
Suggest it is sensible for Ron to give Waddock a chance and wait to see what happens over next few weeks.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't think there's a shortage of interest / applicants. Ron will be diligently sifting through them working out which one's are most likely to fall for his bull ****. He might even find one stupid enough to accept shares as part payment.

So, on the plus side... he doesn't have to achieve very much to exceed the expectations then! If he wins 3 games he'll be a hero!

Back