• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Waddock to be considered for the job?

Probably because there are few people out there who want the job? The club is rock bottom, backroom staff and coaches are leaving, no sign of a stadium anytime soon. Some of the names mentioned on here are pure fantasy. A journeyman like Waddock is more likely than Sol Campbell.
Sol Took over at Macclesfield Town F.C who were in a worst position than us. And he did a great job. He would jump at Southend . And is currently out of work.

Just to let everyone know, Waddock has 2 promotions and 2 relegations under his belt, with promotions from Conference as Champions with Aldershot and League Two with Wycombe.

Same as Tilly’s record with us.

Also with his second spell as Aldershot manager (most recently), it depends on how you see the glass.

Some will see a relegation in the final season and think he’s ****, others will see the two previous seasons where he guided them to the play-offs twice.

Being honest I don’t know the circumstance of Aldershot, but surely playoffs 2 seasons in a row and then relegation is down to more than just poor management?

Hitler had his faults but be fair he was full of passion and would be very animated on the touchline. Maybe him with Tilly as assistant?

I disagree as I think he would create an unbalanced side with a weak left with other teams realising that we push everything through the right wing

I disagree as I think he would create an unbalanced side with a weak left with other teams realising that we push everything through the right wing

We're used to getting tanked every week. Heir Adolf would be most proud.

At least he'd get us bombing forward!

If he starts getting results then why shouldn't he be considered?

For what it's worth, I think he has come across really well in interviews since his first one pre-Orient.

As much as I'm sure there would be better options, perhaps a little patience to see how he does before binning him and getting someone else in wouldn't be as bad a thing as some are making it out to be.

I'm going to predict this right now, and I hope I'm wrong.

Gary Waddock will either see us relegated, or play an enormous factor in our relegation at the end of the season.

Not sure how the players would be, but I’d certainly be avoiding the post-match shower

That so far in bad taste that it deserves an award. The You've definitely upset someone somewhere Award. :Highfive:

Remember lots of people wanted Paul Hurst in the summer, he is now propping up the football league with Scunthorpe.

Remember lots of people wanted Paul Hurst in the summer, he is now propping up the football league with Scunthorpe.

Remember lots of people wanted Stan Collymore as manager and despite the huge clamour Ron eventually appointed the unqualified caretaker. That turned out ok.

The next manager, who ever he is, has my support. Don't really care what the supporters think at the end of the day, as long as they give the poor sod a decent chance before they start slagging him off.

Remember lots of people wanted Stan Collymore as manager and despite the huge clamour Ron eventually appointed the unqualified caretaker. That turned out ok.

The huge clamour was actually for appointing that unqualified caretaker after he was getting results. Ron didn't want to at first.

Back