• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cluniemore

The Wee Birdie
Wee birdie told me all players been paid but staff have been paid a percentage sone heads of departments havent been paid at all eg manager but these people didnt mind at this mo so the working staff could at least get percentage . Chief Exec working tirelessly to rectify probs financially and keeps manager informed and has told ,anager that he has sorted most financial probs time frame prob clearing thro lawyers and banks .

I hardly call £30k a 'nominal sum' for a club in our position. If we're waiting for lawyers and banks to do their thing before our financial problems are resolved, does that mean further outside investment?

Cluniemore, how much longer will you be prepared to work for no wages?

I hardly call £30k a 'nominal sum' for a club in our position. If we're waiting for lawyers and banks to do their thing before our financial problems are resolved, does that mean further outside investment?

Cluniemore, how much longer will you be prepared to work for no wages?

I feel happier about this situation now. It does seem as though Sainsburys had temporarily shut off funds, to apply pressure, or for what ever other reason. Now that the BC have approved the phased plan, essential monnies will be on tap again. On the other hand I can't see the point of the club being 'irritated' by the speedy actions of HMRC. For me it's rather like a player who is on a yellow card, committing a crude tackle and complaining when he's shown a red.

Ilkeston were wound up for 55k.

It doesn't matter how big the sum is if it isn't paid. The point about it being relatively small is that (presumably) the Club will be able to settle the debt before the Court date.

Again, I have been told that we are under a transfer embargo because of unpaid wages to players - the embargo will stay in place until all monies are paid and up to date.

The Echo's story is misleading - 'a source says that the club are not under a transfer embargo because of the winding up petition by HMRC', is probably perfectly correct, but it fails to say we were already under a transfer embargo because the PFA placed us there on Tuesday following a failed attempt to have players wages paid!

Again, I have been told that we are under a transfer embargo because of unpaid wages to players - the embargo will stay in place until all monies are paid and up to date.

The Echo's story is misleading - 'a source says that the club are not under a transfer embargo because of the winding up petition by HMRC', is probably perfectly correct, but it fails to say we were already under a transfer embargo because the PFA placed us there on Tuesday following a failed attempt to have players wages paid!

TB & PS say otherwise. I guess we'll see if make a signing.

Perhaps your information has been superceded? Suppose all players have been paid since Tuesday as separately and directly confirmed both by Sturrock and Brady and any Embargo has therefore been lifted. This seems completely consistent with the indications from Tara Brady on the thread covering yesterday's meetings of new funding only just being released by Sainsburys.

It's a pity you don't look to give Paul Sturrock a bit of credit for being prepared to wait for his salary for others to get paid, rather than posting something that tries to contradict what he's taken the time to come on here specifically to confirm.

Back