• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wake up people

Badger74

Manager
We cannot score!!!!!
Yes sturrock has done well pulling a team together but face facts guys we are in for a tough season and anyone says we are going up are mad!!!
someone stated a 0-0 draw against rshden is a good result ffs wake up!!!

Its a pre-season friendly full of trialists.....

Couple of years back Harrold was banging them in for fun pre season, you cant read much into this.

Team hasnt even gelled yet

We cannot score!!!!!
Yes sturrock has done well pulling a team together but face facts guys we are in for a tough season and anyone says we are going up are mad!!!
someone stated a 0-0 draw against rshden is a good result ffs wake up!!!

We're doomed!!!!!!!

I'm awake! I've seen the light!!! Relegation, liquidation, masturbation!!

Jesus...

Over ..... reaction ..... its a pre-season friendly and the main point is to get the team to gel and get the fitness levels up. If you had this reaction against R&D, I can't imagine what your reaction was to us losing to Dartford!

Also why do you have to put so many exclamation marks in? It is really annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see completely unnecessary and looks awful.

Who said we are going up? I've not read anyone on here say that.

Remember last season when Scannell scored 2 brilliant goals against Derby and played very averagely until near the end of the season.

Goalscorers are difficult to find at this level. Paterson has scored 2 this pre-season and I think Spencer is capable of getting a fair number. And judging by the Derby match Soares likes to cut inside and shoot, and I think Bilel will be dangerous at set-pieces.

Sorry to be a pain but as I havent gone to sleep yet I cant wake up just yet.

However, could you do an alarm call for say 08:00 tomorrow? thanks

Knee. Jerk.

Besides, Blair Sturrock's injured. When he's fit there'll be nothing to worry about.

To be fair to Badger74 there has been people saying they think we will go up but on the other hand it is only a friendly. You shouldnt really take too much from friendly results. Sadly PS hasnt had enough time to sign a full new squad so is having to use friendly matches to judge teams full of trialists. We are not really going to get a real idea how bad or good the new team is until after 10-15 games of the season. Aim no.1 should be securing our place in league 2 then take it from there.

Over ..... reaction ..... its a pre-season friendly and the main point is to get the team to gel and get the fitness levels up. If you had this reaction against R&D, I can't imagine what your reaction was to us losing to Dartford!

Also why do you have to put so many exclamation marks in? It is really annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see completely unnecessary and looks awful.

Who said we are going up? I've not read anyone on here say that.

Remember last season when Scannell scored 2 brilliant goals against Derby and played very averagely until near the end of the season.

I've said it before and I stand by it - not due to any results pre-season, but I feel if we can stabalise things off the field - i.e. the players get paid, then I think with PS and TW and the players I've seen so far, that we've got a great chance.

Time will tell, but its blind optimism at the moment :)

Paul Sturrock will quickly realise we need a proper goalscorer. Whether we get one or can afford one is a different matter. He's brought in Two big lumps Corr and Sturrock(Hhmmm), so it looks like he will play the big man knocking it down to the goalscorer system. This system does fairly well in League 2 if you have the right personnel. The main trouble with this is the goalscoring record of the big men, as they have to chip in with goals also.
After about 6 games if it's not working, he may start trying out Spencer, Paterson and Crawford combinations.

At the end of the day, Paul Sturrock has a great record in these situations, he knows what he is doing. I still think we will have another striker coming in because of the lack of a proper goalscorer.
I think we have to put our trust in him, let him get on with it, and support him and the team.

The good thing is, only a few weeks ago we were wondering how Southend could avoid the drop. Now we think promotion is possible with just a few right additions.

Paul Sturrock will quickly realise we need a proper goalscorer. Whether we get one or can afford one is a different matter. He's brought in Two big lumps Corr and Sturrock(Hhmmm), so it looks like he will play the big man knocking it down to the goalscorer system. This system does fairly well in League 2 if you have the right personnel. The main trouble with this is the goalscoring record of the big men, as they have to chip in with goals also.
After about 6 games if it's not working, he may start trying out Spencer, Paterson and Crawford combinations.

At the end of the day, Paul Sturrock has a great record in these situations, he knows what he is doing. I still think we will have another striker coming in because of the lack of a proper goalscorer.
I think we have to put our trust in him, let him get on with it, and support him and the team.

The good thing is, only a few weeks ago we were wondering how Southend could avoid the drop. Now we think promotion is possible with just a few right additions.

Think from the evidence (or at least the news stories on various sites), that Sturrock has tried to bring in Akinfenwa and Rory Fallon, so we know he knows its something he needs.

Whether he can get his man asap remains to be seen.

Back