• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wales 0 - 3 ENGLAND

Who would you pick, and what result?

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Kieran Trippier

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Harry Maguire

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • John Stones

• Luke Shaw

• Jude Bellingham

• Declan Rice

• Mason Mount

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Bakayo Saka

• Raheem Sterling

• Harry Kane

• Nick Pope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Ramsdale

• Trent Alexander-Arnold

• Conor Coady

• Eric Dier

• Kyle Walker

• Ben White

• Conor Gallagher

• Jordan Henderson

• Kalvin Phillips

• Phil Foden

• Jack Grealish

• James Maddison

• Marcus Rashford

• Callum Wilson

• ————————

• Win

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw

• Lose

• Total voters
would not surprise me if England did not win.But they will go through.
As for Germany,their usual luck carries on.Would not be surprised they reach the S/F and on the way playing nobody good

Wales are ****. I’d take a 3-0 lose. Winning a World Cup ant about pleasing fans sitting on their sofa back home, this about winning the ****ing trophy. 0-0 against USA done us the world of good in terms of progression.

On we go.

Glad we’ve seen SZ knock the Wales pre-match thread on the head 👍 English not British.

Who’s supporting Wales on a Southend United forum? For what it’s worth, having lived in Cardiff in my younger days I want them to do well, but I hope we smash them out of sight.
Who knows? But it’s not way beyond the realms of wild possibility that there could be a Welshie or two in the stands, naturalised Southenders who still dream of that welcome being kept in the valleys.

If they’re out there, they are welcome too for some friendly batter. And then England stuff Wales into the middle of next week.

Who’s supporting Wales on a Southend United forum? For what it’s worth, having lived in Cardiff in my younger days I want them to do well, but I hope we smash them out of sight.
Well my dads welsh so supports them and so do I alongside England of course. You can also play for wales in any sport if you have a parent or grandparent born there even if you live in England.
Sounds strange but with such a relatively small population that makes sense.

Can we just get this game over and done with please? It's a first-round group game, not the Battle of Britain that popular media is attempting to promote. I don't want to be treated to any more kids in Welsh schools telling me Wales will win, and if the Welsh do manage to stick 4 past England then we will deserve to go home in disgrace. Any other score means we progress to the next stage.

So, I look forward to discussing England's next game in the next stage of this World cup. 0-4? It just ain't gonna happen. Come on the Lions.

1669707452379.png

Cant see Southgate dropping Kane but hopefully giving him amore of a strikers role. so hes not having to roam to far back into the midfield .Hoping Grealish and Foden get to start also,3 qt the back and 2 wing backs 5-3-2 formation. Rice will definitely be on of the midfielders, the other two take your pick Henderson, Bellingham , Philips im not sure. England win at worst a draw. Because Wales will definitely throw everything they have at England., 2-0 or 3-1 my prediction

After last night's game on ITV, Marc Pougatch reported that Henderson is due to play in place of Bellingham. Seems like the defensive stolidity is now GS' reflexive position, sadly.

I really hope that Foden gets a game as we need a bit of flair to open things up.

I do wish journalists could restrain themselves a bit from sensationalising articles with their choice of adjectives. The article talks about fatigue in the heat and the need to balance freshness with stability, but then chooses to describe Bellingham’s possible omission from the starting XI as being ‘dropped’ rather than ‘rested’. Spiv journalism is one of the scourges of modern discourse.

The media just love all the hype and speculation.At the end of the day Southgate's job is to get out of the group not to win friends.He knows its Wales last chance to progress and they will probably throw the kitchen sink at England so he will pick the appropriate players for the task.If Wales score 4 goals against us then they will fully deserve to progress,frankly cant see it happening.As long as both teams play to their potential we should see a decent game

After last night's game on ITV, Marc Pougatch reported that Henderson is due to play in place of Bellingham. Seems like the defensive stolidity is now GS' reflexive position, sadly.

I really hope that Foden gets a game as we need a bit of flair to open things up.
We looked much better once Henderson came on for Bellingham against America imo, whilst we didn't really threaten once he came on (not surprising since Southgate wanted to play for a draw) we looked a lot more in control once that sub happened, America were running through our midfield with ease before then and it seemed like a matter of time before they scored. Henderson is boring but he understands how to control the midfield very well (which is why he was a key player for Klopp's Liverpool for many years, if you don't control the middle of the park then it doesn't matter how good your attackers are).

Bellingham is a talented player but I'm not convinced he works well with Rice and against better opposition that's going to be a big problem. The ideal would be Phillips and Rice but Phillips has been injured all season so probably isn't match fit.

Henderson in the team cuts out any possible creativity from midfield and would be a sure sign GS already settling for a draw rather going for the win.

Iam not sure England will win,But we will go through.
Question is do win win our group and then play Senegal or Ecuador,who we should beat.Then get knocked out by France
Or come second,maybe beat Holland but then get knocked out possibly by Argentina.
I pray im wrong,but i expect the self proclaimed world champions 2022 will be going home after the Q/F....but i will be "over the moon" if we go further.
What we want is not the "luck of the Irish"...but in football terms.."luck of the Germans"

Back