• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wales 0 - 3 ENGLAND

Who would you pick, and what result?

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Kieran Trippier

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Harry Maguire

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • John Stones

• Luke Shaw

• Jude Bellingham

• Declan Rice

• Mason Mount

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Bakayo Saka

• Raheem Sterling

• Harry Kane

• Nick Pope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Ramsdale

• Trent Alexander-Arnold

• Conor Coady

• Eric Dier

• Kyle Walker

• Ben White

• Conor Gallagher

• Jordan Henderson

• Kalvin Phillips

• Phil Foden

• Jack Grealish

• James Maddison

• Marcus Rashford

• Callum Wilson

• ————————

• Win

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw

• Lose

• Total voters
Iam not sure England will win,But we will go through.
Question is do win win our group and then play Senegal or Ecuador,who we should beat.Then get knocked out by France
Or come second,maybe beat Holland but then get knocked out possibly by Argentina.
I pray im wrong,but i expect the self proclaimed world champions 2022 will be going home after the Q/F....but i will be "over the moon" if we go further.
What we want is not the "luck of the Irish"...but in football terms.."luck of the Germans"
What we need is two quick goals from Qatar, without reply. I’m rubbing this bloody rabbits foot like mad but I don’t think it’s working ☹️

Henderson in the team cuts out any possible creativity from midfield and would be a sure sign GS already settling for a draw rather going for the win.
That would be true if England were on top but we weren’t. Henderson came on to provide more protection because our midfield were being outrun and under pressure.

Remember that GS also brought Grealish on to cause the US defence problems and win free kicks to help to relieve some of the problems and get us up the pitch.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it an attacking change but I don’t think it was as defensive as some make out.

The media are reporting that Walker, Henderson, Rashford and Foden are coming into the team tonight in a 4-3-3. Trippier, Saka, Sterling and Mount dropped.

Bellingham presumably taking Mount's place since Henderson is on the field, if it works I wouldn't mind it being the midfield 3 used in the last 16, Mount hasn't impressed me so far.

It’s nice too see welsh people get excited. Even gary linekar speaking welsh. ☺️☺️

Our wide players are getting their distances all wrong. Need to be a bit closer to the defence when they're playing out IMO.

Our wide players are getting their distances all wrong. Need to be a bit closer to the defence when they're playing out IMO.

Wales could get a draw.

The Harry Maguire effort that went for throw in reminds me of an Alan Foggon effort for us circa 1978:Hilarious:

Wales can win this unless England has major changes
Not so sure about that. Wales look completely toothless at the moment and lose the ball as quick as they turn it over.

If Wales go a bit more aggressive though we might have problems.

Wales can win this unless England has major changes
I've seen zero evidence of that, the Americans had half chances where the final ball was lacking (and I think they hit the post at one point), I can't think of a single thing Wales have done so far. They're basically parking the bus, if they went more attacking I'd expect us to exploit the space and score.

Rashford has been absolute ****
An interesting comment. He's had one clear chance to which the Welsh keeper was alert enough to block. He's worked hard up front and linked with other England players to keep moves going. I'm not saying he's been brilliant, but ****? I don't think so.

Back