• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wales 0 - 3 ENGLAND

Who would you pick, and what result?

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Kieran Trippier

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Harry Maguire

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • John Stones

• Luke Shaw

• Jude Bellingham

• Declan Rice

• Mason Mount

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Bakayo Saka

• Raheem Sterling

• Harry Kane

• Nick Pope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Ramsdale

• Trent Alexander-Arnold

• Conor Coady

• Eric Dier

• Kyle Walker

• Ben White

• Conor Gallagher

• Jordan Henderson

• Kalvin Phillips

• Phil Foden

• Jack Grealish

• James Maddison

• Marcus Rashford

• Callum Wilson

• ————————

• Win

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw

• Lose

• Total voters
It was good to see Wales make it to participate in the World Cup but overall they were pretty poor over the 3 games tonight they hardly laid a glove on England.We should be able to beat Senegal which will be a harder test for England after that it becomes a much harder if its France but you never know
Just making it to the world cup is an achievement. Onto the next ☺️

Let's not forget Wales gambled by playing their meant to be 3 best players, Bale, Ramsey and Allen when all 3 were not fit. And it showed. But we would have beaten them even if they were fit. Apart from that penalty, Bale hardly did anything in the tournament. As for England, once again it shows we are very good if we play a positive attacking game. It suits our players. To win this World Cup, it will be a team that plays positive. Let's hope the penny drops with Southgate, and he drops this negative nonsense as against the USA that just makes us look awful. Lets go for it. Even if we go out, lets go out having a real go and playing the way that suits us best.

Time for Bale, Ramsey and Allen to hang up their boots - not good enough at international level, just making up numbers in the Wales team.

Let's not forget Wales gambled by playing their meant to be 3 best players, Bale, Ramsey and Allen when all 3 were not fit. And it showed. But we would have beaten them even if they were fit. Apart from that penalty, Bale hardly did anything in the tournament. As for England, once again it shows we are very good if we play a positive attacking game. It suits our players. To win this World Cup, it will be a team that plays positive. Let's hope the penny drops with Southgate, and he drops this negative nonsense as against the USA that just makes us look awful. Lets go for it. Even if we go out, lets go out having a real go and playing the way that suits us best.
I like the fact we can play both ways, attacking flair when needed and digging in and grafting when needed. I can see why Southgate picks Henderson for his motivational skills and experience and he dropped Mount and Sterling after poor games. The things I don’t get are playing a not fully fit Kane and I think Saka was harshly done by, not making the cut vs Wales.. unless he’s picked up a knock. But look you can’t argue that whatever GS does, it’s effective in tournament football.

Agreed, the slow, ponderous football has produced the results, but you can’t help but think just how better we could be. Although I appreciate it’s difficult to play quick, incisive football when there’s two solid banks of 4/5 players defending their own box.

I actually think the Senegalese will play into our hands in that respect. I don’t expect them to sit back and soak up pressure, like others have attempted. They’ll want to get at us, which will inevitably leave them exposed to the counterattack, which is where we thrive.

For those that watched the game , how did Foden play ,ive only seen the highlights i you tube , but i dont think Mount would have been in the fight position as Foden was to convert that centre into a goal as Foden did.

For those that watched the game , how did Foden play ,ive only seen the highlights i you tube , but i dont think Mount would have been in the fight position as Foden was to convert that centre into a goal as Foden did.
Foden was much better than Mount, and Rashford was certainly better than Sterling.

I'm not Mount's biggest fan but saying Mount wouldn't have been there isn't fair because Foden wasn't playing in Mount's position. Foden was playing on the wing along with Rashford as replacements for Saka and Sterling. Bellingham was pushed further forwards to take Mount's position.

I know England were realistically expected to win, but I would have hoped they would have earned more kudos than they have in the British press and media. I know that Wales journey was sort of fairy tail thing but credit where credit's due, we demolished the Welsh.

I'm not Mount's biggest fan but saying Mount wouldn't have been there isn't fair because Foden wasn't playing in Mount's position. Foden was playing on the wing along with Rashford as replacements for Saka and Sterling. Bellingham was pushed further forwards to take Mount's position.
As i said i only get to watch the highlights in you tube.

Back