• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Walsall 5 Southend United 2

Can't argue with that though I'd knock Scannell up to a 7.5

Hope he starts Tuesday.

Blues World was 'bigging' Sawyer up saying he is a star in the making. Can anybody who was there back this up or is Alliker being a twunt like normal?

Blues World was 'bigging' Sawyer up saying he is a star in the making. Can anybody who was there back this up or is Alliker being a twunt like normal?

Definitely a star amongst the **** I'm afraid.

We weren't good enough and therefore made Walsall look like world beaters. It was a shocking performance.

Sawyer was the highlight of today. Him and Macca should be a very good pairing.

That is at least a bit more encouraging, even more so if we can get his loan extended if we like the look of him. What kind of a player is he - a "Bailey replacement" by any chance?

Looks more like a Macca type player tbh. Gets stuck in a lot but is never going to hit a 20/30 yard pass or fire one in from outside the box too often.

I thought Sawyer was our best player today. Always wanted the ball and looked comfortable on it. He did give away a few sloppy passes but I look forward to seeing him and Macca in the middle.

Thought Sawyer played really well today, we let them get two quick goals in the second half and then just gave up, Mildenhall looked very dodgy today.

Must say I was impressed with Sawyer for his 1st start could be a good player but would be better looking playing alongside Macca when he is fit

Why did we pay £150,000 for Revell??

The biggest waste of space. Walker done more in 10 mins than Revs did the whole game. Offers nothing!!

And as for Sawyer, for an 18 year old, he was top class (if only for the 1st half). Thrown in at the deep end, he was by far our best player in my opinion. Got stuck in, energetic, made some good runs (e.g. the disallowed goal). He did, however, look to really tire in the 2nd half but hopefully this game helps him build the match fitness he needs.

He took his oppurtunity well.

Well done Sawyer!

Have to agree with most of the others regarding Sawyer, Took a few knocks today as well and I thought he was struggling (from having the knocks) towards the end.
Left the game feeling very flat and emotionless to be honest and in fairness thought the first half we were not too bad and saw some good passing.
Thought the ref AGAIN was very inconsistant in his decision making

I agree that Sawyer was our best player today. He looked a world apart from the somewhat uncertain youngster we saw against Brighton and did a magnificent job on what was his full league debut.

Definitely a star of the future, that one.

Have to agree with most of the others regarding Sawyer, Took a few knocks today as well and I thought he was struggling (from having the knocks) towards the end.
Left the game feeling very flat and emotionless to be honest and in fairness thought the first half we were not too bad and saw some good passing.
Thought the ref AGAIN was very inconsistant in his decision making

To say the least Jackie! He should be made to referee sunday league games with drunken pub teams. The man was a total disgrace!

To say the least Jackie! He should be made to referee sunday league games with drunken pub teams. The man was a total disgrace!

Agreed MK. Im sure the FA are just dragging in drunks from the street and sticks them in Southend United fixtures! Shocking.

Why did we pay £150,000 for Revell??

The biggest waste of space. Walker done more in 10 mins than Revs did the whole game. Offers nothing!!

and what exactly in your opinion did walker do? because in my eyes it didnt seem much, apart from a couple of drag backs that got him no where.

mildenhall, 6. only the last goal was probably entirly down to him, its easy to say your keeper is rubbish when your centre backs dont mark anyone
francis, 3 i really hope he doesnt play like this again, there was a reason 4 of the goals came from the right side of our defense today.
barrett, 5 poor very poor!!! one nothing in the air, kept giving stupid free kicks away on the half way line for no reason and is not quick enough.
clarke. More or less the same as barrett, oh an neither of them can pass! fact!
harding. 6.5 didnt really do much wrong defensivly, but i would love to see him an hrk link up more down the left when we are attacking.
betsy. 5. doesnt look dangerous going forward because every time he gets the ball you either know he isnt going to beat the first man or it is going to go out for a throw the other side of the pitch, offered no support to francis in his poor game either.
Grant. 6.5 actually though he did ok today. won alot of balls in the middle but again kept given away sloppy passes. needs to just look for the simple pass a little more often and he will be ok.
Sawyer. 8. There isnt really much more to say about him. Class act, always wants the ball, just a shame the rest of them dont! 18 years of age and looked our most mature player along with hrk.
HRK, 7 to be honest tilson should be sacked just for substituting him!!! great finish for his goal. He does drift in and out a little but always looks like he could recieve the ball, stop, have a cup of tea and still pick out one of our players.
Barnard, 7 doesnt stop running, and i actually feel sorry for him having to play alongside people that are called strikers. Get him a proper partner that is willing to run in behind defenders and we will score alot of goals.
Revell. 5 what did he do?

subs:
Scannell; didnt really do much.
walker: didnt really do much

all in all we need to change the centre back pairing, and to be honest i cant be arsed which one it is just drop one of them!!!

man of the match was easily there left winger!!! riech i think his name was, he made francis look like a complete mug, and i know there player scored a hat trick but he was different class. how can your manager not single out there biggest threat at half time and close him down because all he had in the second half was time!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back