• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Walsall AGED me.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
On Saturday at Walsall and again on this board, Southend fans seem to be having a go at each other and it aint nice. I feel that the hurt from Doncaster was hidden by the wonderful atmosphere, and only know after some bad results is it starting to come out.

So on a light hearted note :

Saturday at Walsall I left the Saddlers Club about 2.50 and went to the away end and handed over a £20 note for admission, the woman on the turnstile took my money but handed me back £6. It took me a minute or two to realize that the Cheeky saddler thought I was a PENSIONER!

Now I've always thought of myself, with my "rugged good looks", as young looking, I am in fact 56 and a half, and its a major shock to realise that others think you look older than you are.

Mind you I kept the Six Quid, concessions at Carlisle anyone?

Hope it brought a smile, don't forget we are all on the same side.

DoDtS

I know what you mean. I had to convince them that with my youthful good looks that I was over 18.... it was a struggle... :whistling:

On Saturday at Walsall and again on this board, Southend fans seem to be having a go at each other and it aint nice. I feel that the hurt from Doncaster was hidden by the wonderful atmosphere, and only know after some bad results is it starting to come out.

So on a light hearted note :

Saturday at Walsall I left the Saddlers Club about 2.50 and went to the away end and handed over a £20 note for admission, the woman on the turnstile took my money but handed me back £6. It took me a minute or two to realize that the Cheeky saddler thought I was a PENSIONER!

Now I've always thought of myself, with my "rugged good looks", as young looking, I am in fact 56 and a half, and its a major shock to realise that others think you look older than you are.

Mind you I kept the Six Quid, concessions at Carlisle anyone?

Hope it brought a smile, don't forget we are all on the same side.

DoDtS

Now you know how Cricko must feel!!:D

Bottom line on that one is we are all Southend and yes allot of us have different views from others but I think deep down we all appreciate each other and I would not get too hung up on it, I had a few words with some people at Walsall but I know next game it will be all smiles again.

Chin up mate

Back