• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Walsall FC 1-1 Southend United

Bond has just said the ref admitted he got it wrong both disallowed goal and penalty!!!!!

If that’s true then EFL should be paying massive compensation to us. That is just completely unacceptable. What a disgrace.

Ref has pretty much sealed our fate there. I’m just truly gutted. This one seriously hurts. The standard of refereeing has to improve in the lower leagues. It’s all well and good saying sorry after the game, but sorry doesn’t put two more points on the ****ing board.

**** this season. Can’t wait for it to be finished.
Having seen this: **** ******* **** **** **** ******.

Just heard that too, completely consistent with the commentary. Gutted for the lads, sounds like an awesome effort and they didn't deserve that. Still, not over yet, 9 points to play for, and it is still very much in our hands.

Ref has pretty much sealed our fate there. I’m just truly gutted. This one seriously hurts. The standard of refereeing has to improve in the lower leagues. It’s all well and good saying sorry after the game, but sorry doesn’t put two more points on the ****ing board.

That decision is horrendous. The ball has gone past the striker, so in the vain hope, he just threw himself to the ground. The striker is a cheat, and the ref is absolutely clueless.

I didn't listen to the game but I did get a goal flash on my phone. Seems we played a big amount of extra time which appears to have cost us the three points. Nevertheless, we didn't lose and that one point may yet prove to be a lifesaver for the club. With three games still to play nothing is yet decided so I'll wait until we know our fate before I pass comment. After what sounded like a solid performance from posts on here I'm looking forward to Monday and Burton.

Come on Southend, we can still do this.

The player literally throws himself to the ground. Cheating of the highest order

So called referee should be struck off for that......can't blame anyone but HIM for that...what would you expect for a bloke that orders a drinks break with 12 mins till half time....thanks **** in black you should never ref again and i hate getting on a referee's back!

Did you watch it?

Kelmans 1-1 was no where near as easy as Elvis.

It’s not scrap goating ...the geezer won’t get a league contract after he leaves us...not his fault but his 2 vital mistakes at the most important times have cost us.

No I was asking the question.

What I would say is it is Kelmans job and his area of expertise to score goals....a point I made when everyone went mental over his halfway line strike....I said I’d have been more impressed had he calmly slotted in a goal scorers goal because that is what he’ll be judged on.....

Elvis is 20 and has generally performed well over a season that he’s been dreadful and where he has been surrounded by dross when he’s needed to be surrounded by people he can learn off.

Last edited:

What I would say is it is Kelmans job and his area of expertise to score goals....a point I made when everyone went mental over his halfway line strike....I said I’d have been more impressed had he calmly slotted in a goal scorers goal becomes that is what he’ll be judged on.....

Elvis is 20 and has generally performed well over a season that he’s been dreadful and where he has been surrounded by dross when he’s needed to be surrounded by people he can learn off.

FWIW,Dubai is right about Kelman's miss not about Elvis's.

Seeing that footage has made my mood go from gutted to ****ing ****ed off!

What I would say is it is Kelmans job and his area of expertise to score goals....a point I made when everyone went mental over his halfway line strike....I said I’d have been more impressed had he calmly slotted in a goal scorers goal becomes that is what he’ll be judged on.....

Two totally different chances though mate. Kelmans wasn’t an easy chance and I’m not sure Cox would’ve scored it.
Elvis chance...I think I would’ve scored after 6 pints before the match.
Regardless, we’ve been done and I fear that’s the end of that for the season.

Good news for Elvis and Kelman is they both will have a chance to prove us wrong next season.

Not a lot they can do other than stop him from reffing?

@Mick ? Thoughts?

It's just the same as saying he wanted Walsall to get a draw and he did all he can to make it happen. He disallowed a good goal, gave a penalty then admits both decisions are wrong. That's cheating as far as I'm concerned

Back