• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Walsall FC vs Southend Utd 19 April 15:00 ko

Starting 11 plus win/lose/draw options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
It's Monday, and I don't know about you but I'm still feeling a bit grim. However, Good Friday will soon be upon us and with it the first of our Easter games in our survival adventure. Since Saturday I keep dreaming that we will pick up all three points at Walsall and Stephen Humphrys will start scoring again. This is a recurring dream and I'm having therapy to manage my optimism.

Anyway, try your selection luck with the poll, tell Bond how to set up for the game and offer up any other stuff you feel like unloading.

Medium

Last edited:
Just glad we do have 2 away games against teams around us as we do seem to be better away from home! We should have beaten fleetwood and looked like a more solid unit playing without the pressure of being at home!walsall are there for the taking!!!

---------------------------------BISHOP-------------------------------------
----------------------WHITE---------------LENNON-------------------------
---------------------------------KIERNAN-----------------------------------
ELVIS----------------------------------------------------------------HART
----------------YEARWOOD----------------MANTOM-----------------------
----------------------------------BUNN--------------------------------------
----------------------HUMPHREYS--------COX------------------------------

Come on Southend , We can WIN THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oxley
Demi Moore Lennon Hart
Kiernan
Hyam Mantom Yearwood
Humphreys Cox

Subs Bishop. Elvis. Turner. White. Kightly. Kelman. Acquah.

Got to go Oxley in goal, as I think its been a mistake leaving him out.
Plus I don't understand why Taylor Moore has been left out. Our best defender all season.

Not that confident, but what do I know, thought we were going to beat Wycombe.

I was going to pop up to Walsall Friday but after that gutless display on Saturday i will not be spending a penny of those so called professionals. If you cannot get yourself up (literally) for a game like we just had then what chance have we got on Friday?.

Oxley
Demi Moore Lennon Hart
Kiernan
Hyam Mantom Yearwood
Humphreys Cox

Subs Bishop. Elvis. Turner. White. Kightly. Kelman. Acquah.

Got to go Oxley in goal, as I think its been a mistake leaving him out.
Plus I don't understand why Taylor Moore has been left out. Our best defender all season.

Not that confident, but what do I know, thought we were going to beat Wycombe.

I think it’s already been said that Demetriou and Hyam are injured and will be missing.

I think it’s already been said that Demetriou and Hyam are injured and will be missing.

I did think about leaving Demi and Hyam out of the poll choices, but if I had done that someone would have whinged. Damned if you do..................

Oxley
Elvis Moore Kiernan Hart
McLaughlin Mantom Yearwood Hutchinson
Cox Humphreys

SUBS: Bishop, White, Lennon, Kelman, Klass,, Wabo - yes only 6!

DROP (but force them to go on the bus and make them warm up for an hour before and after the match) Kightly and Dieng - both gutless, ineffective wasters

LEAVE AT Home: Acquah (clearly not ready for first team football) and Turner

Oxley has to start and Kiernan reverting to his natural position. Don't expect Demi to be fit and bring back Moore from the sidelines. Midfield is the worst of a bad bunch, but as long as Dieng and Kightly are not anywhere near the teamsheet. I would try and get a bit more width and maybe Hutchinson and the unfit McLaughlin.

Upfront picks itself just hope they get some god damn service!

You know it's going badly when you're actually going to this game but still can't bring yourself to name a team.

I hope the bar is well stocked!

My first game of 2019 having somehow tricked my dad into getting me a ticket and agreeing to go too. Can't wait and dreading it at the same time.

Oxley,
Elvis, Lennon, Moore, Hart,
McLaughlin, Dru, Mantom, Bunn,
Cox, Humphrys.

Subs: Bishop, Kiernan, White, Dieng, Kightly, Hutchinson, Kelman.

Bishop has had his chance under Bond and hasn't exactly grasped it with both hands so give Oxley a go. Criminal to have left Moore out for the last few so he'd be straight back in for me.

Midfield is the best of a bad bunch, McLaughlin and Bunn are good on their good days, even if they don't come round that often. Kightly hasn't had one for years. Kiernan would restrict Dru's game too much and Mantom runs around about 10 steps more than Dieng so he can start.

Cox and Humphrys in attack is a no brainer.

"Oxley
Elvis Moore Kiernan Hart
McLaughlin Mantom Yearwood Hutchinson
Cox Humphreys "

I'd buy this starting 11.

"Bishop has had his chance under Bond and hasn't exactly grasped it with both hands"

Was that intentional?! :Smile:

Wimbledon was the last time we conceded less than two goals in a match.

That was two managers ago.

If you look at the player filter on Soccer base

Games with Luke Hyam won4 drawn4 lost 6
Games without Luke Hyam won10 drawn 6 lost 21

Including sub appearance its w6 d5 l8
and w8 drawn 5 lost 19

Clearly our key player -but he never plays ……………...

Personally I would leave out Kiernan who cant run or turn and Lennon who is a poor man's Luke Prosser. Turner should be rested now so bring back in to combat Cook.

Last edited:
why not stick Kiernan up front as the target man for the head down off the usual long ball stuff
at the moment we have a a midget and the phantom of the opera up there that can't win a header for love or money, so help them out with target man....what do we have to lose

why not stick Kiernan up front as the target man for the head down off the usual long ball stuff
at the moment we have a a midget and the phantom of the opera up there that can't win a header for love or money, so help them out with target man....what do we have to lose

At this point in time, we haven’t really got anything to lose. However, one thing I noticed about Humphrys and Cox on Saturday, was how they were constantly far apart from each other.

When they did eventually get service (which admittedly, was very fleeting) they were so isolated, that they had to wait for support from each other/elsewhere, which killed any kind of pacy attack we threatened to muster.

Kiernan has even less mobility and fitness, than the pair of those two.

So unless the ball’s upto him are dead accurate, and he has support close to him, then I feel it’s just going to be more of the same.

Back