• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Walsall FC vs Southend Utd 19 April 15:00 ko

Starting 11 plus win/lose/draw options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interestingly Big Roy will be at this match (aswell as being at Roots Hall on Monday). He's got a talk eve in Walsall (one of his clubs of course) on Thurs and is staying on for the game before coming down to Essex.
Maybe a well aimed chant or two ('Donut is a Shrimper' etc) to get him over to the away end to watch might be worth an try?

why not stick Kiernan up front as the target man for the head down off the usual long ball stuff
at the moment we have a a midget and the phantom of the opera up there that can't win a header for love or money, so help them out with target man....what do we have to lose
I suggested similar a few games ago but got shouted down. I wonder if Moore could do a job as target man as he is not that slow either?

Surprised Lennon has so many votes; seem nothing from him to suggest he's a decent defender!

Rather play Moore and Kiernan at the back.

we could well do with 10 Moshnis out there on Friday....although there would only be 7 left by half time

shame the players can't show half the fight and spirit he had we might get out of this

A few changes for me, Oxley is our number 1 and I think he has to come back in, now he's had the chance to get fitter and more mobile.

I believe Lennon and Kiernan will be our first choice CBs so let's get them playing together, with Taylor Moore who has some creative nous and the ability to tackle in that defensive CM role if Luke Hyam isn't fit.

McLaughlin is hands down our best winger and Dru has more of a spark than Dieng.

Oxley
Elvis, Kiernan, Lennon, Hart
Moore
Mantom, Yearwood, McLaughlin
Cox, Humphrys

Subs: Bishop, White, Dieng, Bunn, Kelman, Hutchinson, Klass

A few changes for me, Oxley is our number 1 and I think he has to come back in, now he's had the chance to get fitter and more mobile.

I believe Lennon and Kiernan will be our first choice CBs so let's get them playing together, with Taylor Moore who has some creative nous and the ability to tackle in that defensive CM role if Luke Hyam isn't fit.

McLaughlin is hands down our best winger and Dru has more of a spark than Dieng.

Oxley
Elvis, Kiernan, Lennon, Hart
Moore
Mantom, Yearwood, McLaughlin
Cox, Humphrys

Subs: Bishop, White, Dieng, Bunn, Kelman, Hutchinson, Klass

That looks an interesting line-up. I like the idea of Taylor Moore playing in front of the back four in mid-field but I would like to see Mantom restored to a central mid-field position instead of playing on the right.

That looks an interesting line-up. I like the idea of Taylor Moore playing in front of the back four in mid-field but I would like to see Mantom restored to a central mid-field position instead of playing on the right.

I know I've put them so it looks that way, but that's more of a central pairing of Dru and Mantom with Macca having the option to play on either wing. David Worrall used to do it quite successfully.

Surprised Lennon has so many votes; seem nothing from him to suggest he's a decent defender!

Rather play Moore and Kiernan at the back.

Noooo, Lennon was the Messiah and one of Powells best signings whilst he was injured. Then he turned out to be a bit pony like the rest of them.

Ok, my side for Friday

GK @tallboyblue (For his height obviously)

RB @GBJ (Needs a right facing player here)
CB @rigsby (No nonsense tackler who hangs on tenaciously)
CB @Grapevine (can play the ball out from the back tactically)
LB @Another Surrey Shrimper (Definite left facing player, gives us balance)

RM @Benfleet A1 (links up well with GBJ, subtle moves when needed and knows how to park the bus)
CM @Napster (knows how to be single minded going forward)
CM @South Bank Hank (Knows how to block posters players out)
LM @Tangled up in Blue (An out and out leftie)

CF @Cricko (got to be for his experience and cool head)
CF @OldBlueLady (tricky one this but felt we needed a softer touch, and in homage to equality)

Subs - So many its impossible to choose

Ref - Mick Who else?

I know some of these will be controversal but we're in big trouble here, its Easter (what's that got to do with it) and we need the points.

COYB

Ok, my side for Friday

GK @tallboyblue (For his height obviously)

RB @GBJ (Needs a right facing player here)
CB @rigsby (No nonsense tackler who hangs on tenaciously)
CB @Grapevine (can play the ball out from the back tactically)
LB @Another Surrey Shrimper (Definite left facing player, gives us balance)

RM @Benfleet A1 (links up well with GBJ, subtle moves when needed and knows how to park the bus)
CM @Napster (knows how to be single minded going forward)
CM @South Bank Hank (Knows how to block posters players out)
LM @Tangled up in Blue (An out and out leftie)

CF @Cricko (got to be for his experience and cool head)
CF @OldBlueLady (tricky one this but felt we needed a softer touch, and in homage to equality)

Subs - So many its impossible to choose

Ref - Mick Who else?

I know some of these will be controversal but we're in big trouble here, its Easter (what's that got to do with it) and we need the points.

COYB

I can't believe you missed out @Mad Cyril - surely he has the ability to pull off the unexpected!

How a bout a manger and assistant?

I would say yorkshireblue but he would immediately drop most of the team for being to old.

Noooo, Lennon was the Messiah and one of Powells best signings whilst he was injured. Then he turned out to be a bit pony like the rest of them.
Players' reputations always rise when they are out of the side. Now we have actually seen Lennon and Kiernan play a few games it is clear they are no better, or maybe not even as good as, those they have replaced.

How a bout a manger and assistant?

I would say yorkshireblue but he would immediately drop most of the team for being to old.
Way too tricky @rigsby. Whoever I named, the lynch party would be after his head after a couple of games.

Back