• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Walsall FC vs Southend Utd 19 April 15:00 ko

Starting 11 plus win/lose/draw options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone got any update on the approximate numbers of roughty toughty Shrimpers, (delusional optimists), including me and my son, are making the journey....club says "over 350".....
500+ IMO would be good numbers

I think it'll be

Bishop
Bwomono White Kiernan Lennon Hart
Mantom Dieng Kightly
Cox Humphrys

Bond switched to a back 5 at 2-0 down, which I can only assume was him giving up on that match and planning ahead for Walsall.

I think it'll be

Bishop
Mantom Dieng Kightly
Cox Humphrys

Bond switched to a back 5 at 2-0 down, which I can only assume was him giving up on that match and planning ahead for Walsall.

If Bond picks that side, I think Walsall will win.

I think it'll be

Bishop
Mantom Dieng Kightly
Cox Humphrys

Wrong, he went to a 3-4-3, Cox playing wide right and Macca wide left

Oxley
Bwomono Kiernan Moore Hart
McLaughlin Yearwood Hyam Hutchinson
Cox Humphrys

I've got a feeling we might win this one to give everyone a false sense of hope, then lose at home to Burton.

team line up

11 players who need to give it everything on Friday and again on Monday......get 3 or 4 points and maybe we have a chance........get beat on Friday and it looks even harder

Chris Phillips has just tweeted that Demetriou wont play again this season - needs an operation on his knee, and Lennon has a groin strain so is doubtful.

Last edited:
Lennon and Hyam are embarrassing at this stage. I honestly don’t think either have played without getting some kind of knock

Have we all forgotten that Sam Mantom would be going home on Friday - a black country boy.

He appeared over 150 times for Walsall between Mar 2012 and July 2016 scoring 19 goals. I think he should play - I think the burden of carrying the rest of midfield wore him down.

If Lennon is out I reckon Turner will play - now he has had a bit of a rest.

We know how bad we are at playing 2 games in 4 days.

In Lennon's defence you firstly can't play with a broken toe. Impossible to play with a broken leg. Probably selected again before being fit, thanks to the injury crisis. Hyam well no different to his time at Ipswich.

Lennon and Hyam are embarrassing at this stage. I honestly don’t think either have played without getting some kind of knock

This is the exact same as when they were at Charlton & Ipswich. Always injured and injury prone. Something Powell must have know about and yet still signed them and effectively a waste of wages on the pair of them this season based on the limited time on the pitch we've managed to get out of them. More evidence of the shocking recruitment that got us in to this mess.

This is the exact same as when they were at Charlton & Ipswich. Always injured and injury prone. Something Powell must have know about and yet still signed them and effectively a waste of wages on the pair of them this season based on the limited time on the pitch we've managed to get out of them. More evidence of the shocking recruitment that got us in to this mess.
Can’t believe Powell signed Lennon before looking into the future and seeing he’d get a broken toe and a broken leg.

Back