• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Walsall Manager @ SUFC?

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Quote from Walsall manager, Chris Hutchings on the BBC Website:

"I started my career down there at Southend so I've got fond memories of being down there."

I've got no recollection of him ever being at the club - has anyone else?

Nothing in the stats books so guess he must have been a youth teamer. Unless he means he played his first game against us - although "fond memories" seems a bit of an overstatement if it is that!

Not according to wiki he started at Harrow and moved to Chelsea from there. I remember him coming out of non league.

Perhaps he's confusing Southend with Brighton. :unsure:

Hey, new to the forum and I thought I would answer this, someone on BBC 606 asked about this, I looked around and managed to find a interview with Chris Hutchings from a few years ago and in it he say's:

"I'd been an apprentice at Southend then signed professional for a year, but I wasn't getting on. So I went to play part time, went to college and trained as a bricklayer and did that for a couple of years.
"Harrow Borough played Tottenham pre-season and Geoff Hurst and Bobby Gould came down. I did well and they followed it up. I was a snip at £5,000.
"I was lucky enough to get a second bite of the cherry. I never gave up hope. The opportunity to go to a club like Chelsea and the tradition it had..."

Full interview: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-491484/Hutchings-took-pay-cut-join-Chelsea.html

Back