• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayrshire Blue posted the first post on this thread onto Walsall fans message board in July. He also put it on twitter for some Walsall fans.

Which most wouldnt have seen, same as many of our fans didnt either.

If there are to be these kinds of tributes they have to be announced at the game prior to the match or many people wont know, especially for something that happened a fair while ago.

No point having a go at people for not knowing.

Which most wouldnt have seen, same as many of our fans didnt either.

If there are to be these kinds of tributes they have to be announced at the game prior to the match or many people wont know, especially for something that happened a fair while ago.

No point having a go at people for not knowing.

I wasn't. I was answering Rayleigh Dan's question.

I did say what I thought would work better on #16 but nobody responded. Is it because a minute's silence is now deemed unfashionable and a minute's applause is "on trend"? With respect a large section of the crowd will have not remembered that 38 people were killed in Tunisia, the event yes but the number no. Also precisely what would have happened had either side scored in that minute? The emotion of the goal would have taken over from the remembering. I repeat that the sentiment is admirable but the old method works best.

No minutes silence or applause for V J 70th anniversary Vets on sat either,the forgotten army; not much.

What about the Battle of Waterloo ? Should we have one for that?

Don't want to sound callous but what is it with all the minutes silence/applause? We have a specific day to rightly remember those that fought in the wars, do we really need another one?

Truthfully, this thread is going nowhere now and would merit closing. The moment and event have past, and we should learn from it for the future.

Truthfully, this thread is going nowhere now and would merit closing. The moment and event have past, and we should learn from it for the future.
Would have been nice to have had other people's views/comments of my sensible suggestion before it is.
It strikes me that the best way to get a reaction on this forum is by posting things that are totally irrational or deliberately controversial.

Would have been nice to have had other people's views/comments of my sensible suggestion before it is.
It strikes me that the best way to get a reaction on this forum is by posting things that are totally irrational or deliberately controversial.

With hindsight Stuart you well have been right about a minute's silence, especially if it worked well at the Essex match. The gesture suggested by Ayrshire Blue appeared to have some genuine support from those that replied to his post, but the execution of it all hasn't gone well at all. the thing is that you can't make people comment on any suggestion you make if they don't want to, and sometimes irrational or deliberately controversial does get more reaction, sad but true.

With hindsight Stuart you well have been right about a minute's silence, especially if it worked well at the Essex match. The gesture suggested by Ayrshire Blue appeared to have some genuine support from those that replied to his post, but the execution of it all hasn't gone well at all. the thing is that you can't make people comment on any suggestion you make if they don't want to, and sometimes irrational or deliberately controversial does get more reaction, sad but true.
Thank you.

I appreciate your suggestion Stuart, but looking at it logically, it's not really feasible for Walsall to have a minutes silence before every game they play, home and away. Maybe once for their first home game of the season. An unofficial minutes silence in the 38th minute would have never worked, due to the people who didn't know not keeping quiet.

This thread's lost its way a bit. The Southend fans who didn't clap didn't show disrespect and the Walsall fans who chanted that they forgot we were here didn't show disrespect either. It was a nice, well intentioned gesture that not enough people knew about unfortunately. Sadly, no amount of clapping will bring the fallen back.

Rest in Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back