• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Walsall v Southend

4 points lost ???? I see it at the moment as 2 points gained. Last year we lost at home to Huddersfield and away to walsall...... As i see it we currently have 2 more points than last season so lets look on the positive side....

if we had been 2-0 down and 2-1 down , and had had men sent off I would agree with you, but when you ar winning......

but as you said positives--- Barney 4 goals already, and not injured !!!!!

yes i agree we have done better than last year but the position we have been in in this seasons matches i feel we have lost points we should have won. Not a bad start, i would have taken a draw in both matches before the season started but frustrated, it could be so much better

One thing we can look at is the fact that this performance was a vast improvement on last years. We got thrashed 5-2 last year and considering that we've only brought in 4 loanees, 2 for a month, it makes for positive reading. Especially when you consider that Huddersfield just demolished Southampton, we may have got a draw against possible champions.

Really? Technically this time last year we had 4 points, so we are down 2 points. We were also out the Carling Cup this time last year so that is a positive.

Ahh but at this stage last year we hadnt played Huddersfield or Walsall

2 hard games.
2 wins thrown away.
2 points earnt against
2 difficult sides.
2 strikers on the score sheet.
2 games unbeaten.
2- the round we're in for the Carling Cup.

Before todays game i would have taken a draw,who knows what the season will hold for us come may but its a point away from home which is how i look at it.

Before todays game i would have taken a draw,who knows what the season will hold for us come may but its a point away from home which is how i look at it.

Very true and welcome incidentally. I know that I, for one have commented in the last two seasons that we've thrown games away and lost when we could have drawn and it's the LOSSES that have been our downfall ultimately. We've drawn against probably the top tipped side for promotion and in our first away game - that's GOOD people. Come on, lighten up!

Thank you for the welcome OldBlueLady and hello to one and all, can't remember the last time we started with two draws in the league maybe it might be a promotion year again.

2 hard games.
2 wins thrown away.
2 points earnt against
2 difficult sides.
2 strikers on the score sheet.
2 games unbeaten.
2- the round we're in for the Carling Cup.
Good post, it has been dissapointing dropping 4 pts, but at least we have gained a point from both of them. Lets look on the positive side, two strikers have made it onto the score sheet, Barnard has scored 4 times (including cup competitions) we are unbeaten in the league so far, and most importantly, we have proved that we can compete against good teams in this league, and get something out of the game.

Very true and welcome incidentally. I know that I, for one have commented in the last two seasons that we've thrown games away and lost when we could have drawn and it's the LOSSES that have been our downfall ultimately. We've drawn against probably the top tipped side for promotion and in our first away game - that's GOOD people. Come on, lighten up!

Totally agree with this. A draw against Huddersfield is something that we all would've taken ahead of the season , especially when you compare the two squads. To be in the lead against them was nice but a team that's tipped for Promotion is going to make itself look like it and fight back. They're tipped for a reason. A draw away at Walsall i would've taken as well, especially when you consider that we were battered 5-2 there last time. A significant improvement, you can only be humbled by the late penalty but had it been the other way then we'd be delighted. I'm confident that we'll get something against Wycombe. They fought well against Leeds but they're yet to win. It could be worse, we could be Brighton. They haven't even scored this season and only have one point on the board so far.

Tough pill to swallow. One hand we have pretty much thrown away 4 points, yet we've performed pretty well and SHOULD have won both games.

In hindsight after time to cool down after the disappointment it is still a good result, although we really should be looking to collect at least one win from the next two games.

In hindsight after time to cool down after the disappointment it is still a good result, although we really should be looking to collect at least one win from the next two games.

Agreed, must be as frustrating for tilly knowing we should be sitting 2nd behind colu on 6 points from 2 tough games rather than a sad (on paper) looking 2. Think the main thing is we can be really encouraged and the goals against have all come from individual mistakes rather than any inherant faults of the way we are set up to play.

Back