• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Upminster Blue

Manager
I was under the impression that clubs are not allowed to charge away fans more than they charge home fans for the equivalent accomodation.

At Walsall today we were charged £18 whereas the far superior lower tier of the home end (newer stand and no posts) was only £14.  How comes?

Is the "rule" I'm thinking off only a guideline or code of practice rather than being mandatory?

Perhaps one for the Trust or the Club to take forward but I'd suggest we charge Walsall fans £20 for the pleasure of sitting in the North Bank.

Yeh ticket prices were a bit harsh i must say. Obviously northerners think we are rich coming from the south.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 14 2005,01:26)]I was under the impression that clubs are not allowed to charge away fans more than they charge home fans for the equivalent accomodation.

At Walsall today we were charged £18 whereas the far superior lower tier of the home end (newer stand and no posts) was only £14.  How comes?

Is the "rule" I'm thinking off only a guideline or code of practice rather than being mandatory?

Perhaps one for the Trust or the Club to take forward but I'd suggest we charge Walsall fans £20 for the pleasure of sitting in the North Bank.
I understand that the rule no longer applys and that clubs can charge whatever they like if the end is deemed to have better facilitys or something like that

I fail to see how Walsall can claim the away end has "better facilities" to the home end - theirs is a brand new and impressive two-tier stand!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phil08 @ Aug. 14 2005,09:23)]Yeh ticket prices were a bit harsh i must say. Obviously northerners think we are rich coming from the south.
rock.gif
To be fair, taking the average wages, it may be true!

Still, £18 is a lot. I was going out for a mate's birthday int he evening so couldn't really make the long journey up so I was having a look at QPR's prices. Pretty much around the £18 mark for a team that for large chunks of last season looked to be Championship playoff contenders and are based in West London where Chelski get away with charging extortionate prices.

Then again, I'm sure that Shrewsbury charged me about £14 for a wet open terrace when I got there late and asked for a student ticket. The full price in that situation really is a chastening thought!

Do they? I'm glad I can't make that one.

£12 for me at Walsall, bit steep but I must admit I had a good view. £2.30 for a burger too!
wow.gif

Gillingham are expensive aswell, they have a 'grading' system if they put us in the top tier tickets will be £24 I think!
rock.gif

I doubt Southend will be a top tier match.

We've moved up a league, so we have to expect higher prices. Walsall wasn't too bad compared to others and it is an all seater stadium.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Aug. 14 2005,11:59)]I doubt Southend will be a top tier match.

We've moved up a league, so we have to expect higher prices. Walsall wasn't too bad compared to others and it is an all seater stadium.
I think you will find we will!! How many other local teams are there around? Because so many Southend fans will go they will make it a grade A game. They will get loads of fans and it makes it worth there while. No point putting a home game v Blackpool as top grade as they wouldnt have any fans at the game any way. Also who the Funk to Gillingham think they are, why have such a stupid thing going any way. Do they think they are a big club??

Tim

Prices are a bit steep this year, the lack of concessions for students is annoying as well. But it's a price we have to pay for the rise in division, and most clubs aren't too much more from last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 14 2005,12:57)]Also who the Funk to Gillingham think they are, why have such a stupid thing going any way. Do they think they are a big club??

Tim
It's their plank of a chairman Scally! He has ideas totally above his station (although I think him & Uncle Ron did combine to thwart Charlton's plans of running free buses to The Valley from all over the south-east)!

Plus he looks like the short-ar5e from Operation Good Guys!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 14 2005,11:22)]Swindon charge away fans £23 admission...
What for that joke of an open (seated) terrace?
Shocking!

Still I suppose they've got to pay Nicky Nicolau's tanning salon bills somehow!!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 14 2005,15:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 14 2005,11:22)]Swindon charge away fans £23 admission...
What for that joke of an open (seated) terrace?
Shocking!

Still I suppose they've got to pay Nicky Nicolau's tanning salon bills somehow!!!
laugh.gif
And the £600k AGM bill to pay by November(?)... Or they have no club

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 14 2005,14:45)]Prices are a bit steep this year, the lack of concessions for students is annoying as well. But it's a price we have to pay for the rise in division, and most clubs aren't too much more from last year.
Southend aren't allowed to charge student prices now unless the student provides proof that he's in full time education, and hasn't got a part time job, although I don't see how you can prove if you're a student if you have a job or not.

Didn't ask me if I had a part time job. They told me all I needed to do was show a valid student card.

If that's true (and, no offence, I doubt it), then I'm alright Jack!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 14 2005,17:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 14 2005,14:45)]Prices are a bit steep this year, the lack of concessions for students is annoying as well. But it's a price we have to pay for the rise in division, and most clubs aren't too much more from last year.
Southend aren't allowed to charge student prices now unless the student provides proof that he's in full time education, and hasn't got a part time job, although I don't see how you can prove if you're a student if you have a job or not.
They never asked me!

Of course I would have said yes I do and paid the full whack, honest!

wink.gif

Back