• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Waltham Abbey v Southend United U23's Essex Senior Cup 4th Round

Their Robinson scored goals for Brighton in League 1 and for several clubs in league 2....probably at a similar rate as Theo....highlights the difference in standards....

Their Robinson has being playing at a level massively below the level Theo does. Compare them when (if) he gets to the lofty heights of League One.

Their (or rather Maidstone's) Robinson was Brighton's youngest ever scorer at the age of 16, scored a couple of hat-tricks as a teenager, played over 100 games for Brighton and over 50 for each of Shrewsbury and Northampton. He is three years older than Theo.
I've seen a lot of Jake Robinson in the last year and a half and I don't think Theo would have scored half the 52 goals Jake got last season - especially not the one from his own half at Dulwich !

Their (or rather Maidstone's) Robinson was Brighton's youngest ever scorer at the age of 16, scored a couple of hat-tricks as a teenager, played over 100 games for Brighton and over 50 for each of Shrewsbury and Northampton. He is three years older than Theo.
I've seen a lot of Jake Robinson in the last year and a half and I don't think Theo would have scored half the 52 goals Jake got last season - especially not the one from his own half at Dulwich !

if he were that good he wouldn't be playing for Maidstone, would he?

He’s 32 now....or shortly....he’s been a phenomenal goalscorer at non league level and it’s a massive bonus to our 23s if he’s not around!!

What people don't always realise is that League Two players - which Robinson was - aren't paid enough to have no future financial worries. Some players will take the plunge to a level they're comfortable, be semi-professional and earn good money in a 'real' job and no what they're doing after retirement.

This works particularly well for strikers who will undoubtedly have a goal bonus too. Some good local examples of this are Tony Stokes while at Concord and Sam Higgins at East Thurrock.

if he were that good he wouldn't be playing for Maidstone, would he?

The debate you entered into was that I described Jake as the better of the two Robinsons, based on actually having seen both of them many times.

There are many players playing at the mostly full-time National League level (Maidstone's level) that are far better than Theo who is very lucky that he is playing for a club so bereft of alternatives that he gets called upon quite regularly.

Back