• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Waltham Abbey v Southend United U23's Essex Senior Cup 4th Round

And so he should.

He's been amazing this season, if Dru can claim a place, I see no reason why Isaac can't either, especially given our current limited options on the scoring front.

I always say giving some of the younger players a chance is good, however my only concern is the difference between banging in 4 goals against someone like Waltham and doing it against league 1 sides. Isaac did do the 57 minute thing in checkatrade though to prove his point.

The further we get in this competition the better it is for these young players who need games like this against seasoned players if they are to progress. Well played the lads, I just hope it doesn't build up peoples' expectations too much.

Saying that, knowing Powell I bet Hutchinson will be on the bench Saturday. He is always very keen to reward players after a good performance for the yoofs. He did it with Isaac for the Checkatrade and he did it for Kelman in the last round too.

Waltham boss mark Stimson has just been named as the new afc Hornchurch manager a couple of hours ago.

And so he should.

He's been amazing this season, if Dru can claim a place, I see no reason why Isaac can't either, especially given our current limited options on the scoring front.

I've seen him play a couple of times this season. I wouldn't say he's been amazing in his midfield play, but he certainly knows where the goal is. He has a really good low shot on him from outside the penalty area.

I always say giving some of the younger players a chance is good, however my only concern is the difference between banging in 4 goals against someone like Waltham and doing it against league 1 sides. Isaac did do the 57 minute thing in checkatrade though to prove his point.

True but on the other hand we are quick to give other clubs u23s development and a game- I tbh would be happier playing Hutchinson, Ba or Wabo at the moment rather than trying to develo McCouskey for Bristol City..

True but on the other hand we are quick to give other clubs u23s development and a game- I tbh would be happier playing Hutchinson, Ba or Wabo at the moment rather than trying to develo McCouskey for Bristol City..

I sort of said this elsewhere when people say don't chance the youngsters. Better the devil you know and all that

Ffs! Bet we put our kids out against their 1st team and we’ll get thrashed again. Personally I hope we put our 1st team out and put them in their place, only cup we have any chance of winning

We want our kids to play on the first team and as soon as we get a tough draw we want the first team to play in the ESC ???

The path to the semis opening up with Billericay Town shedding (good) players right, left and centre !

Are they? What’s going on over there? Sorry as an exile I don’t really keep connected to the local non-league goings-on

The better of the two local Robinsons has gone, along with Cunnington, Modeste and Doe.
Their Robinson has been exceptional scoring 81 goals in no time at all (21 months - including two close seasons!!). Sold to Maidstone United.

The better of the two local Robinsons has gone, along with Cunnington, Modeste and Doe.
Their Robinson has been exceptional scoring 81 goals in no time at all (21 months - including two close seasons!!). Sold to Maidstone United.

Their Robinson has being playing at a level massively below the level Theo does. Compare them when (if) he gets to the lofty heights of League One.

Back