• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

walthamstow dog track

sussex by the sea

SZ Fantasy League Champ 08/09.
Having been to the Stow at the weekend and not seeing any other threads about this I have to post what a massive void the loss of this stadium will leave not just in greyhound racing but for london's sporting venues as a whole. Ok the art deco style of the main stand looks pretty dated, the inside of it reminds me of a municipal swimming pool and you have to negotiate that awful roundabout (Crooked Billet?) to get there but this place has a character few modern day sporting venues can meet.

I can understand they have been losing money but it seems a shame they couldn't have sold off the land along the far side of the stadium like my local track Hove did some years back to enable the venue to stay open.

If they wanted to close down an obsolete sporting venue in East London which has had its day and hardly anybody goes to anymore, I can think of a far better candidate not too far away ;)

I went a couple of weeks ago to bid the Stow farewell. Only a Thursday night and the bar was really busy; seems astonishing that the place has to close. A real shame.

Had the forecast up in the final race though (paid £11.50) so not all bad!

i used to go there quite a lot but haven't been for a couple of years, a big loss was once a great place to go dog racing.

I went on Saturday it was mental struggled with queues to put bets on and the bar. Only 2 Saturdays left now until it closes.

Back