• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wanted- one new goalkeeper!

Don't worry Wiggy, this could equally be an achievement of the defence rather than the keeper. :Fishing:

Again, these facts warp the truth a bit. I like Oxley, but that fact is over two 1/2 seasons. The last half of 17-18 we had bit of a bounce after PB's sacking but the 1st half of 18-19 we've been (on the whole) fairly dire and he's let in 28 in 22 league games.

No they don't and if you think being exactly half way in the league is 'fairly dire', I give up.

But they do, you cannot equate one season with another as we've had a change in personnel in midfield and at the back. And in the few games I've seen and the reports I've read on here I think fairly dire sums up the season so far. I think being 2nd bottom of the form table until the weekend backs up my claim.

Last edited:
Again, these facts warp the truth a bit. I like Oxley, but that fact is over two 1/2 seasons. The last half of 17-18 we had bit of a bounce after PB's sacking but the 1st half of 18-19 we've been (on the whole) fairly dire and he's let in 28 in 22 league games.

It'll be 23 in 19 this season (Stockdale let in 5 in 3).

Over 46 matches that'd work out as 55 goals, which is as many as we conceded the last time we reached the play-offs in this division in 2007/08.

Goals conceded over the regular season by the team promoted from the play-offs the last 10 seasons:
53, 57, 54, 40, 58, 56, 47, 75(!), 44, 63.

The three teams conceding totals in the 40s all finished 3rd.

To my surprise this would suggest we've a play-off calibre defensive record:Stunned:

Elsewhere, Elvis now has 9 clean sheets from his 17 league starts (and that's not even counting the clean sheet v Scunthorpe when he came on after 15 mins).

It'll be 23 in 19 this season (Stockdale let in 5 in 3).

Over 46 matches that'd work out as 55 goals, which is as many as we conceded the last time we reached the play-offs in this division in 2007/08.

Goals conceded over the regular season by the team promoted from the play-offs the last 10 seasons:
53, 57, 54, 40, 58, 56, 47, 75(!), 44, 63.

The three teams conceding totals in the 40s all finished 3rd.

To my surprise this would suggest we've a play-off calibre defensive record:Stunned:

Elsewhere, Elvis now has 9 clean sheets from his 17 league starts (and that's not even counting the clean sheet v Scunthorpe when he came on after 15 mins).

Great stats and just shows how poor the standard can be in this league.

Who was the team promoted conceding 75 goals?

Working backwards date wise I'd say Barnsley

Edit : Its not Barnsley. Just checked.

Last edited:
Great stats and just shows how poor the standard can be in this league.

Who was the team promoted conceding 75 goals?

Peterborough. They had the second worse defence in the division that season but on the plus side did score 106 goals!

FWIW Charlton scored 82 and conceded 36 when CP got them promoted.

Back