• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Warning from D C Spooner

Maybe they were? You must have law and order in every circumstance. It must be a tough job balancing the resources available.

Perhaps they had heard there would be trouble from the Orient fans last night. By having the metal-detector-thing at Prittlewell station and raiding the Nelson I think they were targetting Orient fans (and any Southend fans in the way).

Why would the police raid the Nelson looking for Orient fans... they knew the hardcore southend fans drink in there... no orient fan would dare to show their face and kept well away... it was a show of force

I was body searched twice once at Prittlewell station and in the Nelson, I have not got a problem with this as I have nothing to hide....

Shame my mate had a bit of coke on him and was nicked and released at 9am this morning... bit over the top tbh but he was laughing about when i just spoke to him....

Shame all these O/B where not around when our players coach got smashed up...

After the horse has bolted me thinks

3 POINTS TO THE SHRIMPER BOYS :-)

Last edited:
There is an epidemic knife & weapon carrying culture in the country and this needs to be sorted.

Superb effort by the Police IMO to assist the safety of supporters travelling to and from the ground.

The price is that we all must suffer a little inconvenience of beaing searched, regardless of age as discrimination aginst say youths only or selective searching would defeat the object.

Why would the police raid the Nelson looking for Orient fans... they knew the hardcore southend fans drink in there... no orient fan would dare to show their face and kept well away... it was a show of force

I was body searched twice once at Prittlewell station and in the Nelson, I have not got a problem with this as I have nothing to hide....

Shame my mate had a bit of coke on him and was nicked and released at 9am this morning... bit over the top tbh but he was laughing about when i just spoke to him....

Why doesn't it surprise me that it was a friend of yours you thug :)

Was he the geezer in hancuffs?

Was he the geezer in hancuffs?

well it depends as a few got nicked.

when I was penned in the garden a bloke in his 50s also in hancuffs but
my mate is in his 30s.....

well if the O/B done this in the Spread everyone will be screaming murders searching everyone took an hour and we was not allowed to even go to the loo....

well it depends as a few got nicked.

when I was penned in the garden a bloke in his 50s also in hancuffs but
my mate is in his 30s.....

well if the O/B done this in the Spread everyone will be screaming murders searching everyone took an hour and we was not allowed to even go to the loo....

Total old bill overkill, not seen it as bad in ages. I know they got there jobs to do but in the nelson they were searching old men and kids, All they had to do was leave a few police outside not treat everyone in the pub like they were rapists.

up the blues

Can't blame the OB for being wary of such a traditional hoolie away support such as ours. We have them running for their lives from the Den to Elland Road. In fact, we single-handedly caused the disbandment of the ICF as they were so worried about playing us after their relegation to the Championship.

Of course, if the OB were that bothered they could have just turned up at the Hamilton Hall by Liverpool Street at 5:30 pm and rounded up all 10 of our BNP boys...

Must admit, it seems strange to me that The Railway was left alone. Although there was nothing out of the ordinary event wise, there were a lot of strange faces in there. So could be more to targeting the Nelson than meets the eye???

Trouble at "The Marlborough Head" in Rochford

According to Orient fans there was also some trouble outside "The Marlborough Head" in Rochford before the game resulting in about 40/50 being sent back to London. Would appear they are putting in an letters of complaint, seeking compensation for their train and match tickets.

Link

According to Orient fans there was also some trouble outside "The Marlborough Head" in Rochford before the game resulting in about 40/50 being sent back to London. Would appear they are putting in an letters of complaint, seeking compensation for their train and match tickets.

Link

Couple of points, firstly they should be sending letters of thanks for being spared the game, and secondly does this explain why it seemed as if there was only one team on the pitch?

Couple of points, firstly they should be sending letters of thanks for being spared the game, and secondly does this explain why it seemed as if there was only one team on the pitch?

Yes agree they should all direct their refund requests to Mr Barry Hearn, regardless as to whether they got into the ground.

I was in the nelson and EVERY ONE got searched and one was taken away inhandcuffs.
NO ONE escaped the search. The thing that disgusted me was the rebellion against the police and slating them.If you aint got anything to hide you should be prepared to be searched the same as i was[/quote]

So your saying that everyone in the Nelson were taken away in handcuffs by the old bill... are you sure?!

I was in the nelson and EVERY ONE got searched and one was taken away inhandcuffs.
NO ONE escaped the search. The thing that disgusted me was the rebellion against the police and slating them.If you aint got anything to hide you should be prepared to be searched the same as i was

So your saying that everyone in the Nelson were taken away in handcuffs by the old bill... are you sure?![/quote]

Read what i said 1 got takend away in handcuffs NOT all

Link

Apparently there was 7 or 8 meat wagons there, I was only around the corner! Surprised there wasn't something in the Echo about it.

Back