• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No.

Squad is too small to sustain that amount of games. JPT is only any good if you get to the final and weighing up the risk to players against the low chance of getting there Im glad we are out.

We've already lost Prosser for a league game because of it.

No, but a 5-2 defeat is hardly going to help us gain momentum and improve confidence.

Last year we got knocked out of the League Cup in the first round, but made the final of the JPT at Wembley (where we took 30,000) and the 3rd round (replay) of the FA Cup.

And we still struggled to pay our bills over the summer.

The year before that we played four games against higher division opponents in the FA Cup, reached the quarter-finals of the JPT, had the customary first round exit in the League Cup, reached the play-offs and were short of cash.

This year we're out of the League Cup and the JPT at the first hurdle and in mid-table obscurity in the league. It looks like we're all-in on the FA Cup.

It was mainly our reserves. We had a crazy 10 mins, but other than that, we played well. Let's just put it behind us and get behind the lads for the league campaign.

No, but a 5-2 defeat is hardly going to help us gain momentum and improve confidence.

Im sure all those players who didnt play wont be affected at all.

The likes of Smith wont have gained a lot, but who cares.

The defence will need to pick themselves up but they too will looking back to having a proper midfield in front of them.

Last year we got knocked out of the League Cup in the first round, but made the final of the JPT at Wembley (where we took 30,000) and the 3rd round (replay) of the FA Cup.

The year before that we played four games against higher division opponents in the FA Cup, reached the quarter-finals of the JPT, had the customary first round exit in the League Cup, reached the play-offs and were short of cash.

This year we're out of the League Cup and the JPT at the first hurdle and in mid-table obscurity in the league. It looks like we're all-in on the FA Cup.

The Wembley money is certainly going to be missed, but what was the likelihood of getting there again?

Quarter finals of the FA Cup with away trips to Old Trafford and the Emirates will sort us.

The Wembley money is certainly going to be missed, but what was the likelihood of getting there again?

Quarter finals of the FA Cup with away trips to Old Trafford and the Emirates will sort us.

Probably shorter than reaching the fourth round of the FA Cup.

I'm not bothered about getting knocked out, it's just the fact we conceded 5 at home to Dagenham & Redbridge. I think with these things it's best to either get knocked out early on or get to the final. We had our day out at Wembley last year, let's concentrate on the league this season. Would be nice to have a decent FA Cup run too and get a money-spinning 3rd round tie.

Could and Should have had money those spinning third round ties in the past two seasons - Mohsni put the Liverpool @ Anfield game out of reach home and away against Oldham and last year we were superb at home to Brentford but couldn't find the winner thus missing out on Chelsea.

Law of averages makes me doubt whether we will be lucky to get within reach of a third money spinner in three years, certainly hope so but if many fans on here have their own way, we will field a reserve side and go out in the first round anyway.

In the big scheme of things, going out of the JPT is not such a big deal but the manner of the defeat and events surrounding it (abuse of Smith, Brown's tactics, our defence torn to shreds and conceding 5 goals at home to Dagenham & Redbridge) most certainly is.

Even if Chelsea purchased Bentley for £500,000,000(half a billion) the club would still be broke:winking:

Looking into my crystal ball I see us playing Hartlepool at home on January 4th in League 2, rather than being in the third round of the FA Cup.

Already booked flights over in fact.

No.

We've already lost Prosser for a league game because of it.

No, we lost Prosser because of his indiscipline. You're on 4 yellows, so you mouth off excessively at a lino who, on the face of it, appears to have made a correct decision. When was the last time a referee or lino said, "okay perhaps you're right, I'll change my decision". Totally avoidable! Don't call it "passion" either.

Looking into my crystal ball I see us playing Hartlepool at home on January 4th in League 2, rather than being in the third round of the FA Cup.

Careful, Hartlepool have put together a little run of form !

Who is to say Hartlepool don't make the 3rd round ....

We could play Man Utd away 4 times in one season & get 50% of the gate, but, Ron would still find a way of making the money vanish & we'd still be under embargos, so no going out of the JPT is a bonus with our squad size...........

Well plan B is to see Fulham.Fortunately, they don't do byes in the FA Cup third round.

Unless they are away, wonder what the odds are they will get Hartlepool away in the 3rd round ... :whistling:

EDIT: Damn slow computer, Mick beat me to it ..

Back